Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So Obsidian Writer Responsible for Eder "Resigns" and it appears this is similar situation to Firedorn Limerick

Firedorn Eder Writing Story Writer Obsidian Controversial

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

CaesarCzech

CaesarCzech

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 71 posts

So i guess Kicking People out of jobs for their opinions is okay with you ?.  I mean this might just be Sign Obsidian is moving More Mainstream. and we all know what Mainstream means.

We don't know that this writer was kicked or even pressured out of their job. It's not a particularly unusual move for a contractor who suddenly finds themselves in the midst of a controversy to step back from their other work of their own volition in order to avoid tangling their clients up in their controversy.

What controversy when he was victim of witchhunt ?

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2405 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Thats the Official story. Official stories arent always true.

They also aren't necessarily false either.

CaesarCzech

CaesarCzech

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 71 posts

So i guess Kicking People out of jobs for their opinions is okay with you ?.  I mean this might just be Sign Obsidian is moving More Mainstream. and we all know what Mainstream means.

There's no evidence that he even left, let alone got kicked. For all we know he's still working on the game. And stop with the strawman and trying to create drama where there isn't. 

Im not creating drama i want to know the reality behind the situation.

CaesarCzech

CaesarCzech

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 71 posts

They also aren't necessarily false either.

I know its possibly its true. But we dont know so far.

Flow

Flow

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

So the story here is that nutters from Gamerghazi started a witch hunt against some guy who posted some opinions on some website, who was also hired by Obsidian to do some contract work for them. And that's about it. 

Obsidian didn't do anything. He resigned before they could even react.

Seriously, man. You don't know what you're talking about here. Let it go.

What I just told you comes directly from the writer himself.

If you want to ask him about it, feel free to create an account on RPG Codex and do so.

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2405 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

What controversy when he was victim of witchhunt ?

Regardless of whether or not it's justified, the end result of said witch-hunt is controversy.

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4516 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm curious though: How on Earth did "writer of Edér"? enter the Picture? Where's the source for this?

If none, I fear this is some ill-concealed slandering on Obsidian, not to mention poor Eric.

• CottonWolf, illathid, injurai and 4 others like this

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 4951 posts

It has been confirmed that Eric Fenstermaker has not resigned, the OP got him and another writer confused - who seem to have resigned on his own accord due to controversy on another site, unrelated to Obsidian Entertainment. As this thread had degenerated into pure speculation, I've decided to close the thread.

• Leferd, ShadySands, Karkarov and 18 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Firedorn, Eder, Writing, Story, Writer, Obsidian, Controversial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users