Question About Editing Cipher Powers

So i've started a game playing a solo Cipher, this presents a problem as a number of the cipher powers are useless without an ally to cast them on, would it be possible to modify some cipher powers so that they would be able to target the cipher themselves?

I've never modded POE before, but after a brief look see of the forums, i assume i'll need this "UABE" program i've seen mentioned, but as to where the data for cipher abilities is stored, or where to look in that data for what a spell can target, i have no idea. Any help or info would be appreciated.

It's not hard, but may take 2-5 minutes per power.

1. Check this partially-related guide

2. Do the same with cipher's .unity3d powers you want to modify, but instead of attributes look for ValidTargets field. You will want to change it from 10 (TargetAlliesExceptSelf) to 9 (TargetAllies).

• Like 1

Ok, everything appears to be working. I'm testing each power as i finish them, and so far each one has performed as i would expect. I do wonder if stuff like reaping blades will work, as it grants the knives to both the caster and the target (I assume it'll just overwrite the one set of blades with the other, but i could be wrong). There are also powers like defensive mindweb, which won't be at all beneficial in solo play even if i alter them, so i'll probably just ignore those.

All in all, i'd call this a success!

Reaping Knives only gives a set of summoned knives to the target, not the cipher. But the cipher gets focus from the knives' damage.

If you cast Reaping Knives on a second cipher and vice versa they both will get focus from their own attacks as well as the other's.

So I guess if you can cast it on yourself your focus generation might get doubled. Depends on the implementation of course. Maybe this is a spell which shouldn't be castable on oneself...?

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

By reading the tooltips I would expect Reaping Knives generating:

- dealt_dmg * 0.35 (base focus gain) * 1.33 (draining whip) * 1.25 (Talisman of the Unconquerable) = dealt_dmg * 0.58 +

- dealt_dmg * 0.30 (reaping knives)  * 1.25 (Talisman of the Unconquerable) = dealt_dmg * 0.375

= dealt_dmg * 0.955 (or a 64% increase)

But we know how inexact tooltips can be.

Regarding Defensive Mindweb: depending on how it is coded (i.e. if it does affect all friendly targets and not only party members), you could dominate/confuse a dragon, and then via Mindweb get the same defenses. But then again, with 80 focus, you could just cast WoT + Disintegrate.

P.S. Imho, the most important power (in easy-medium encounters) that should be castable on yourself (for a solo cipher, who economizes scrolls) is Amplified Wave, as you could just keep majority disabled and slowly wear them down via auto-attacks.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...