Suggestions - Wishlists

This is a business like any other and they do need to make money or they won't be able to make any games. As has been said so many times before now, KoTOR2 would be a good plan to get money, and then hopefully they can get creative. Or maybe just as likely make KoTOR3, but only time will tell.

Remember, even if you unhappy if its KOTOR2, they are actively searching for a second project. If they havn't found it already.

Perhaps they could just make an original, good game first of all and not bother wasting time on a sequel?

It wouldn't be to bad if kotor2 was insanely better than the first, though somehow I doubt it. lol jk, I barely played the original. Who knows eh? Make it better.

>*

Ok my First Post, Yay! So I give a shout out to all those who know me on the BioWare forums. Ok now down to serious business, do you think kotor 2 or expansion should continue where kotor 1 left off or take place in another era? I personally believe that it should continue where kotor 1 left off. The reason, kotor 1 did a lousey job wrapping things up. Does Bastila stick with Revan and the two of them get married or does she ditch him and continue on the path of the jedi. Do you conquer the galaxy if you are playing DS or does the republic find a way to stop you? These questions MUST be addressed in any sequel whatsoever, HEED THAT OBSIDIAN! So what does everyone think, should kotor take place 1000 years later like the IGN article suggests or should it pick up where kotor 1 left off, with you as the savior (or conquerer) hero (or villain) of the galaxy?

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb!

prostytutka

Perhaps they could just make an original, good game first of all and not bother wasting time on a sequel?

Thats not always possible. As much creativity as I would like to see, it may just be the case that Obsidian does not have the financial liberty of risking the release of an original game. It may be more reliable for them to release an unoriginal game which will increase their financial standing and success as a company, than risk releasing something which might not provide that much of a success and end up backfiring. You know that the market is structured like that, unfortunately. And if they have to "go with the flow" and postpone an original game so they can exist for longer, well, thats how its got to be.

So what does everyone think, should kotor take place 1000 years later like the IGN article suggests or should it pick up where kotor 1 left off, with you as the savior (or conquerer) hero (or villain) of the galaxy?

I'd like to pick up were the story left off because, like you said, kotors ending left me hanging.

Tho, I can see why that would be hard, so I bet it will be 1000 years later.

BTW, so are you are first BIO/SW fan? We have been anticipating a conflict between you guys and us BIS cast offs. :huh:

Im beginning to really hope this isnt KOTOR2. Please dig to your roots obsidian and shock the world with a PC RPG similar to PS:T, FO, or BG.

Just because the project may be KOTOR2 doesn't mean that it can't posess desirable elements from those games that you mentioned. Hopefully they will.

Here are some of my suggestions - I try not to mention what others have:

1. Customisable qickslots like htos efrom NWN. Let the player customise weapon combos, feats, actions - anyhting you can think of. Heck, if you could put "save" weapon/armour combos and put them in the quickslots so you can switch at the touch of a key that would be excellent. You could either have the player select a choice from a kind of tree for the quickslot or just drag the action into the slots.

2. Have more good/bad decisions that aren't just more money/rude etc. Personally I'd like to see manipulation of people, playing both sides etc for your advantage (determined by stats?). Palpatine was definitely evil but everybody thought he was on their side. Of course, the usual pwning people with your powers is still welcome. Basically more mature evil and not immature stuff.

3. Appearance - the portraits morphing to your allignment were cool, but it seems a light side portrait didn't change much. Maybe a more serene profile, speech style or something. Personally my theory is light siders eventually turn into Yoda things. Maybe have NPCs etc react to your condition etc.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

So what does everyone think, should kotor take place 1000 years later like the IGN article suggests or should it pick up where kotor 1 left off, with you as the savior (or conquerer) hero (or villain) of the galaxy?

I'd like to pick up were the story left off because, like you said, kotors ending left me hanging.

Tho, I can see why that would be hard, so I bet it will be 1000 years later.

BTW, so are you are first BIO/SW fan? We have been anticipating a conflict between you guys and us BIS cast offs. :)

Yes, I am a KOTOR/BioWare fan. Ever since Baldur's Gate I have played all their games because they rock. I thought that KOTOR was great, but it left me hanging at the end. It was such a powerful story, even more powerful then Baldur's Gate II and thats saying alot, but the way it ended left me unsatisfied. I feel that any sequel MUST tie up the loose ends from KOTOR 1. I have total confidence in this company because alot of the people who work at Obsidian came over from Black Isle so whatever they make it should be good. But I am hoping that they will make my wishes come true and make a direct sequel with some of the original cast members.

prostytutka

There's a BIS vs. BIO war brewing? Shameful. Well, maybe just to me. When I first played Fallout, I disappeared for a month. When I first played KOTOR, I disappeared for a month. Who actually makes the games matters less to me. Hmm, seems somewhat offtopic. Perhaps I'll make it relevant...

Ah...

Oh, okay. Here goes. I want a game that makes me disappear for a month. I want a game that I can play 8 different times with 8 different characters of varying specialties and opinions and get 8 different reactions from the game world.

It was hard to do this in KOTOR due to the overwhelming Jediness. I like Star Wars. I loved it a lot more before, say, Episode 1, but KOTOR brought some of it back. Jedi are neato. I'd play a Jedi if I had the chance. But Han Solo is cool too, and sometimes I wanna be Han Solo. Of course, in Star Wars, Jedi are the end-all, be-all, so it can be difficult, but that's okay, difficulty forges you in The Man.

This was also hard to accomplish in, say, Fallout, too, however, due to a certain lack of specialties. If you wanted to make it to (or past) the end, you had to have power armor and a very large gun (especially in 2). There were a goodly amount of differences to be had, but you always end up looking like a robot.

On a side note, have you ever looked at the character creators on Wrestling Games? They're often very indepth and insanely customisable. Wrestlemania XIX on the Gamecube is currently the best in my opinion, if someone wants to check it out. Personally, I would find it quite keen if an RPG came along with something of this nature. It wouldn't have to be nearly as detailed, but even a quarter of it would be some goodly customization. Maybe one with an armor system like PS:T, so you could design your entire look and not have to wear and change into the same styles of armor as everyone else.

I seem to have run out of ideas for now. Later.

-Pax

I dont se why there should be a BIS/BioWare war that would be pointless and wasteful. Both make great games, so lets just leave it at that and not try to create trouble where there is none. I too would like a game that makes me "disappear for a month" or in the case of the BG series "disappear for 4 months". Also I agree that a kotor sequel should be balanced between jedi and non jedi. Also I think that the dialogue should be improved. I like playing the Lawful Evil types and the kotor version of evil was more Chaotic Evil. It would be greatly appealing for people like me who walk the fine line between genius and insanity.

prostytutka

Any "sequel" to Knights of the Old Republic should be less of a direct sequel, and more of a sequel in name. We just have to be knights, which happen to live in the old republic... not Revan. Please, dear god, not Revan.

If I am stuck seeing Carth, Bastilla, Canderous, Mission, Zaalbar, HK-47, or Jolee, I may just rip my eyes out with a spork.

Any "sequel" to Knights of the Old Republic should be less of a direct sequel, and more of a sequel in name. We just have to be knights, which happen to live in the old republic... not Revan. Please, dear god, not Revan.

If I am stuck seeing Carth, Bastilla, Canderous, Mission, Zaalbar, HK-47, or Jolee, I may just rip my eyes out with a spork.

Hey, Don't disrespect the spork! It is the greatest invention of all time damnit! A direct sequel does not have to have all the characters, but a few familiar faces would be great.

prostytutka

KOTOR2 could well be as much of a sequel as BG3 would have been. Setting's the same, and from some tie-ins to KOTOR to a direct relevance, but could for all we know have very different characters, stories, even gameplay, and I see this as more likely than a direct sequel if Obsidian is making it. In which case it would be a good idea, to at least boost sales and get the company running.

Personally I thought the KOTOR NPCs were excellent for the most part, and wouldn't mind seeing them again.

Of course, the voice acting in KOTOR was the best I've heard in any previous RPG with the exception of Sarevok, and that can really help NPC coolness too. Although IIRC his (Sarevok's) voice was also in KOTOR? Anyway keeping with the same quality of voice acting would make me very happy.

Personally I thought the KOTOR NPCs were excellent for the most part, and wouldn't mind seeing them again.

Of course, the voice acting in KOTOR was the best I've heard in any previous RPG with the exception of Sarevok, and that can really help NPC coolness too.  Although IIRC his (Sarevok's) voice was also in KOTOR?  Anyway keeping with the same quality of voice acting would make me very happy.

Xzar and Tiax had some of the best voice acting I have ever heard. Sarevok was standard Micahael Dean Richardson(I think thats his name). He uses the same voice for cartoons. Ever notice Jolee and Sarevok, are remarkably similar in sound?

Xzar and Tiax had lines that I would not be able to say without breaking into a fit of epilepsy/terrets/hysterical laughter.

All of Torment's voiceover work was extremely well done.

if were assuming its kotor 2, then i want HK-47 back, surely a driod can last thousands of years unnatended.

i agree character morphing fable stlye would be awesome. and the voice changing is a cool idea to.

not having to be a jedi as well. and having ligitimate neutral chioces. maybe even neutral side points.

oh, and i though there was a similarity between jolee's vioce and the 'you must gather your party before ventureing forth' dude.

Above all, I cannot put it more simply than this; I don't like classes, and I don't like being locked into a fate. I like to form myself to my enviroment, and have my skills grow as they are used, as it is put, "A la" Morrowind, or something of that nature for skill and charicter development. Likewise, I do not like to be locked into a path. Fallout 2 was, certainly, the ideal demonstration of how I like it. It's the background music that plays forever, but never really reachs the point of being all you hear.

Above all, I cannot put it more simply than this; I don't like classes, and I don't like being locked into a fate. I like to form myself to my enviroment, and have my skills grow as they are used, as it is put, "A la" Morrowind, or something of that nature for skill and charicter development. Likewise, I do not like to be locked into a path. Fallout 2 was, certainly, the ideal demonstration of how I like it. It's the background music that plays forever, but never really reachs the point of being all you hear.

then you looking for this made by these guys

sheesh, i'm sick up plugging falbe, i've been here about 30 minutes and talked about it three times.

I gave EXAMPLES, not guidelines. Try looking at each post with a new outlook, not looking for something that was like the last. Fallout had a good system of gameplay for being open-ended, as did Morrowind in it's own way; perhaps they will find a yet untried way to improve upon this, and that would be even better. I have always liked the ability to improve skills and thus level from the improvement of those skills via application, and in Morrowind I found an example to liken it to; maybe this, too, can be improved. However, in the event that someone does not understand what I mean by non-liniar, but guided, they have the example of Fallout to go by. It was NOT ment to suggest they copy an older game, as this is something I do NOT wish to see. I want to see something new, but I also want to express some systems I have enjoyed that perhaps they may integrate into the new premises if found applicable.

How about beginning as a Padawan?

How about a few leaps in time as the game progresses, to make leveling up a bit more realistic?

How about more "greek tragedy" elements? A more epic feel to it all?

Less "bully" evil, and more slippery slope, "moral consequence" evil? Think "insidious," rather than "lookee me! evil! eeeevil!"

A lastly: Don't place doors that don't open. I hate that...makes me feel like I'm missing something, even if I know there's literally nothing there...

A lastly: Don't place doors that don't open. I hate that...makes me feel like I'm missing something, even if I know there's literally nothing there...

I, too, really hate unopenable doors.. and unpickable doors, because they require a specific key... so does the door on the front of my house, but I can pick the damn thing.