Will KOTOR 2 have Revan in it?

Is Revan going to be incorporated into the game somehow? If so, how? Will it tell you only what happened to him, or will he be a main character in Sith Lords? If he is in it, Will he come in as good or evil, or does that depend on how you answer the questions on what side you chose in KOTOR 1?

Is Revan going to be incorporated into the game somehow? If so, how? Will it tell you only what happened to him, or will he be a main character in Sith Lords? If he is in it, Will he come in as good or evil, or does that depend on how you answer the questions on what side you chose in KOTOR 1?

I think he is supposed to make a cameo but nothing is set in stone.

AFAIK, the only thing that we really know, is that Revans fate will be revealed. The whole cameo-appearance is debatable.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

We will learn Revans fate, but wheter he/she actually appears or if we will be just told what has happened to him/her is unknown at this moment.

What we know is that we will be able to tell the game wheter we played Revan as LS or DS and wheter Revan was male or female, and that the game will adapt to these answers.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

-John Rogers

What we know is that we will be able to tell the game wheter we played Revan as LS or DS and wheter Revan was male or female, and that the game will adapt to these answers.

But, I think it's safe to assume that we're not going to get a full questionaire about appearance, equipment, voice, and the like. And Obs doesn't want to mess with anyone's mental image of how they played Revan in the first game.

Thus, it can be reasonably assumed that we won't be seeing him/her in the flesh. My money's on Revan turning up dead, as an Obi-Wan-style force ghost. Put him/her in a the traditional deep-hooded robe, and make the voice all washed-out and 'ghosty,' and the spirit can jive with everyone's personal conception of Revan.

I think it was a sucky choice not to have the player play as revan in KOTOR 2, trying to please LS and DS at the same time. LS is the only useable plot as revan takes over the galaxy if u go DS. And the LS had a perfect ending for a sequel. I think they'll bring revan back in his dark evil robes, with the mask and a distorted voice, and u'll fight him if ur LS, if ur DS u propabaly try to kill him and take his position. That would suck, but I can see that happening, not a good choice to do so but neither was it a good choice in my opinion to have u play as some old mandalorien war veteran who has gotten out of touch with the force. I don't realy like the storyline for KOTOR 2 at all but what the heck it's a star wars game and I'll probaly just get it for a good star wars gaming experience

I think it's good that you're not Revan. Also, I agree completely you're not gonna see him/her in the flesh. I imagine only the story will tell of Revan's fate, nothing more. But it will be significant. I see CG videos already... is it a vision? :D

OH and did anyone notice in KOTOR1 if you spoke to Canderous and his war stories he referred to Revan as 'him' even if you played as a woman. Just a random question.

OH and did anyone notice in KOTOR1 if you spoke to Canderous and his war stories he referred to Revan as 'him' even if you played as a woman. Just a random question.

Probably because Canderous couldnt see the all powerful Revan who brought down mandalorian armys to win the war a female. my thoughts

It has already been announced that Revan will make an appearance in this game. However it is unclear at this time at how large or small Revan's role will be in the game. Also Revan's role in the game will probably differ depending on your interpretation on what happened in the first game. :lol:

I think it was a sucky choice not to have the player play as revan in KOTOR 2, trying to please LS and DS at the same time...

That is not the reason, Revan beat Malak in the Star Forge and was at the height of power in the ends so what was he going to do in the sequel ... lose his memories AGAIN?

drakron.png

are you ediots or have you forgotten that dependiing on how you ended kotor is how he will appear in this one. something similiar to the budokai thing but not with a full follow through, nothing you said or did as him will have an effect on this game only what path you chose as light or dark. man peope who don't pay attention.

Apart from being incredibly difficult to explain HOW Revan starts AGAIN at level 1 all powergaming 12-years old would go crazy because they can't force-wave everything into oblivion from the beginning. I can already imagine all the topics about how UNREALISTIC it is that Revan is not da man anymore.

At least they had a (granted stupid) explanation why Revan was such a weakling in Kotor 1.

We know everything there is to know about Revan, so changing the protagonist to a all new character is more interesting for the player.

I never said he would be weak, he would be a jedi, just at level 1, atleast u would play as ur uber character again, instead of some lousy jedi exile who has forgotten how to use the force, or even weild a lightsaber. and must relearn everything, how realistic is that

I never said he would be weak, he would be a jedi, just at level 1,

Er..., how is a level 1 jedi not weak ?!?

atleast u would play as ur uber character again

:unsure:

instead of some lousy jedi exile who has forgotten how to use the force, or even weild a lightsaber. and must relearn everything, how realistic is that

Yes because having Revan forgetting how to use the force and turn into a level 1 jedi for no good reason is much, much more realistic.

He would have basic force abilities, and basic combat skills, and u would play through the game as revan. Alteast then it would be a true sequel....

A true sequel means that Revan must be involved? I thought Kotor focused on Bastila more than Revan. She leads you around like a dog on a leash. Even when you are darkside she still makes your decisions. I was in hot pursuit of Carth and she stops me saying we have no time for that. I'm the Sith Lord, how dare she interfere? If Bastila returns you'll get your 'true' sequel, Revan was a minor character. heh.

Yoi know, chemix, if you are so dissatisfied with your level 1 ex-jedi weakling you can still cheat him to revan-like proportions because that is what you obviously care about. I guess that the majority of the players won't like starting with an ueber-character with no opposition. Otherwise you would have to implement hundreds of enemies that are at least as strong as Revan and that reminds me too much of Throne of Bhaal.

Part of CRPGs fun comes from watching your character grow in power and abilities. If you take that away, you loose the heart of action-orientated RPGs like Kotor.

Well the thing about weak jedi is stupid anyway.

In Starwars universe someone that can be considered a jedi is far superior to a bunch of thugs... That's also why KOTOR I has been so unrealistic in my eyes...

Bah, I also think the storyline of KOTOR II is bad (so far atleast). But I guess it will have to do.

Jedi forgetting how to use the force is bullsh**. They had a weak explenation for Revan but this is ridicilous.

I guess you start out as a weak (weak war veteran that survived the mandalorian wars and was a jedi in it's past?) <insert whatever you are> that can barely take on a few thugs... yeah realistic...

It is good to hear it has been confirmed that you will actually see Revan in the next game but if you can choose lightside or darkside ending of KOTOR I in the starting of the game that will make a big difference. Darkside would mean Revan rules everything, and the Star Forge made like an infinite fleet, everything is doomed. I guess. Which is the complete opposite of Lightside.

The devs said the game would only make slight changes depending on the choices you make in the starting of the game right? But I think this should be considered a major change?

Bah, I also think the storyline of KOTOR II is bad (so far atleast). But I guess it will have to do.

Jedi forgetting how to use the force is bullsh**. They had a weak explenation for Revan but this is ridicilous.

Not more ridicilous than a uber-jedi being force brain-washed into forgetting himself and having a force peer-to-peer connection to the person that did this to him.

It all depends on execution.

I don't care about being super powerful, I care about continuing the dang storyline. A true sequel continues the original storyline. It's not some half connected semi plot where it sort of meets up with the orriginal. Note the part "true" in true sequel, there can be plain old "sequels" but a "true" sequel continues the original storyline.

I don't care about being super powerful, I care about continuing the dang storyline. A true sequel continues the original storyline.

The dang story line ended in KOTOR I, there's nothing to continue upon.

Revan ended up being the Yoda of it's time and that's as far as you can get, what's to continue ?!?