A stylistic flourish on crits; fluff or fun?

I don't recall if it was the case in POE1 (need to finish my latest playthrough I guess), but I also like a sound confirmation of crits, such has "ouh that's gotta hurt", or "a massive hit!".

Often, I don't pause enough the game to follow everything that's going on in combat, so a sound cue of events is good.

I don't know. With some builds you might have a very high crit rate (for exame a hearth orlan rogue with one handed style, predatory weapon and durgan steel) so that nearly every attack results in a crit. He would become unplayable if there was too much fuzz around every single crit.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

A stagger animation or a cry of pain would do it for me. Cartoonish embellishments would break immersion.

'end him rightly'.. and so on ;)

Ha, nice. But now I can't get the image of Edér throwing pommels out of my head...

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

I don't know. With some builds you might have a very high crit rate (for exame a hearth orlan rogue with one handed style, predatory weapon and durgan steel) so that nearly every attack results in a crit. He would become unplayable if there was too much fuzz around every single crit.

I agree with that. One change I would like, though, is to change the "corpse explosion" into something more believable, like a hacked limb or some other special animation like in the old 2D Fallout games. I know the way it is in POE is a throwback to old crpgs, but for one occasion it fits (like a powerful spell or something) there are several more where it's just silly. (Take my dagger, fiend and... explode?!)

I disabled Gibs because of that.

• Like 2