Stretch goal suggestion re:crew

Here's a question: Let's say you do a solo run in PoE2 and so turn-down all companions. Does that mean you will run the ship single-handedly? It's one thing to run around by yourself, quite another to run a ship by yourself. In that situation, a few sailor NPCs might be nice.

You needed NPCs guarding/manning Caed Nua to provide your security and prestige ratings which dictated guests, attacks and quests so I can't really see why they'd abandon that mechanic for what is essentially the same thing.

Yes, but they've specifically said so far: no crew except your companions.

Here's a question: Let's say you do a solo run in PoE2 and so turn-down all companions. Does that mean you will run the ship single-handedly? It's one thing to run around by yourself, quite another to run a ship by yourself. In that situation, a few sailor NPCs might be nice.

You needed NPCs guarding/manning Caed Nua to provide your security and prestige ratings which dictated guests, attacks and quests so I can't really see why they'd abandon that mechanic for what is essentially the same thing.

Yeah and you're right, while it would be nice to have some crew in addition to your companions, it's a real problem when you do a solo run. I didn't even think about that. Are you going to be alone on your ship? That'd be serious weird. I'd love some clarification on that from the devs.

^But what if all your companions die in tragic fishing accidents? (and/or you don't pick them up).

Yeah! Updated my pledge from 29$ to 31$! No we got the 8th companionin our pocket!

Edit: Hah! Posted before seeing there's a 17th update already! Ydwin looks a very compelling companion! Hope we get the SG!

My pledge in a nutshell:

$45 premium digital: "naaw dawg, ain't gonna spend more than that"

$65 ultimate digital: "aw hell no, can't resist something like that"

$85 ultimate digital with DLC: "Obsidian why you do this"

But then there's $5 discount, at least.

That's almost exactly what happened to me ... except I never got the discount e-mail ... and then I had to drop back down a tier due to my passport needing renewing earlier than expected and they won't let me pay in local currency. ... maybe once the backer portal is up I can increase again.  Still, $65 is more than I've spent on a single game before (DLC included).

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Ah, I'd missed that. Thanks!

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

That's almost exactly what happened to me ... except I never got the discount e-mail ... and then I had to drop back down a tier due to my passport needing renewing earlier than expected and they won't let me pay in local currency. ... maybe once the backer portal is up I can increase again.  Still, $65 is more than I've spent on a single game before (DLC included).

Yup, my personal $ record as well.

Try checking the spam folder in you e-mail and/or try editing your pledge on Fig. Maybe it's there for you to tick it.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

[whispering]

It's all fun and games, until my wife finds out.

[/whispering]

Yes dear, coming dear.

Fortunately I'm divorced ^^

Edited by Kirk

The owls are not what they seem.

The idea is good and I agree with you. But ship is smaller then stronghold and I'm afraid that additional crew other than companions and sidekicks would simply be too much. Look at the deck - there are only companions and PC and it's already quite crowded.

I think there will be a place for a crew on my Vailian Galleon.

Yup, my personal $ record as well.

Try checking the spam folder in you e-mail and/or try editing your pledge on Fig. Maybe it's there for you to tick it.

it's not there - but that's OK - Obs can keep the five bucks and have a coffee or something.

Crew is now a stretch goal - falling a little short with only 20mins to go though.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I have no doubt they'll hit it with PayPal and slacker backers.

Not so confident about the last two stretch goals

Yeah, I forgot about paypal opening (it was early morning for me).  Seems likely we'll get the next stretch goal, maybe the one after if we're lucky.

The $5mil seems a bit optimistic though.

I have no doubt they'll hit it with PayPal and slacker backers.

Not so confident about the last two stretch goals

I'm almost certain that if we don't get to the 5m stretch goal via the backer portal, Ydwin will come in the form of DLC. People were really excited about her. About the 4.75 goal, I'd love the additional sea monsters to be in, but I'm indifferent about the fishing. Let's see how the paypal pledges go.