Ships and cargo was far too valuable. Close with broadsides then board to take the vessel.

Same concept as musket/mixed arms warfare. Exchange a few volleys then charge.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Ships and cargo was far too valuable. Close with broadsides then board to take the vessel.

Ah gotcha. So maybe it is no big deal.

I was just groaning at seeing yet another form of combat just be the same as always. 

And grape shot. To specifically kill and maim men, while relatively minimizing damage to the ship itself.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

All I really want is the opportunity to dance with the busty daughters of various colonial governors and, if I perform the dancing minigame well, to be rewarded with some useless piece of information.

You got the overhead sailing interface. You got the boarding-action with swordfighting. Will we also see a dancing mini-game to win the affection of the Governor's daughter?

They never answered my question on yesterday's twitch stream.

• Like 1

They were hanging out at the upper floor of Brighthollow. You could talk to them there too.

Are you serious? I played through the game like 5 times and never noticed this.

Seriously, all true.

EDIT: Same goes to the custom adventurers, they hang out in the barracks.

Well goddamn... Never figured that out

My only fear is the loading times going from above to below deck. I hope they either get rid of them all together or drastically minimise it. Or failing that, allow us to access the resting option from above deck. Having flashbacks to PoE1 having to navigate the loading screens of caed nua, brighthollow lower floor, brighthollow upper floor all so that I could rest - yes I know they patched this later to enable resting from anywhere in caed nua which was great. I hope that this remains true for the ship, but more than that I'd love it to be a seemless transition from above to below decks, it's a little thing I know, but I'd feel much more inclined to check in on my crew below decks if there's no loading times. 

Didn't they say something about removing loads from exterior <-> interior transitions?

I believe so. Something about handling sub-maps differently I think.

Yeah I also remember hearing about this, although I thought it was more to do with open world stuff, I wasn't sure if it included your "stronghold" presumably yes. I really hope so. 

yes, I hope this technique gets used pretty extensively. I.e. Load an entire dungeon at once, and transitioning between levels is instant. Might have been a nightmare for endless paths with 15 levels in PoE1, but a simple 1-5 level dungeon shouldn't be an issue. Would be awesome if they could load the entire city (nekatakakakskksakkaa or whatever its called :)) as well.

You only have to pre-load every scene in which you have an active potential transition. You could even stream the data based on your locality to a particular transition. Example being in a big city, you don't need to keep buildings on the other side of the map in memory. So you probably don't even need to load an entire dungeon. But given that we no longer have the Endless Paths, it's probably not that big of a concern to load a whole dungeon anyways.