Still needs Stroke maybe to make a black outline around the the edges?

You're right, I forgot that part and made the rookie mistake of not saving the version with non-merged layers so adding it afterwards just became pain in the a**. You live you learn.

Hold on, I got this :):

s1HT4TN.pngdESvtLU.png

sa5WuB1.jpg

Xw7JKmS.jpg

• Like 2

Still needs Stroke maybe to make a black outline around the the edges?

You're right, I forgot that part and made the rookie mistake of not saving the version with non-merged layers so adding it afterwards just became pain in the a**. You live you learn.

Edit: Decided to add an outline anyway. Yeah I could see myself using this one.

hq4q8TD.png

Looks a bit darker than the rest of the portraits. You gotta check against them too:

udf8S6b.jpg

nGG5Zkm.jpg

Looks a bit darker than the rest of the portraits. You gotta check against them too

I'll put more effort into all this when I actually have the game. I don't have beta access and don't know the right dimensions.

I'm sure you can do it. Surely don't need my help it seems :)

Aramintai, may I request a watercolor edit? :)

Is this the biggest size you have?

Tiny waving hair strands are absolutely killing me every time. I think for best results they should be painted over by hand, not processed. But I'm no artist or professional Photoshop user, so, tough luck :). My only saving grace is that these portraits are so small in the game that crappy details are not very noticeable. Here are two versions of my fumblings with them:

Version 1:

or5MnDh.pngkZYEzNH.png

l1UnpTV.jpg

BsREMNp.jpg

Version 2:

uKdxHzX.pnghiCCc5q.png

WaPANXb.jpg

wJW36gv.jpg

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 3

Here are two versions of my fumblings with them:

Thank you so much! If it helps, I do have the original image I cropped to make that portrait:

post-51558-0-13302100-1511566929_thumb.jpg

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

Thank you so much! If it helps, I do have the original image I cropped to make that portrait:

Ok, I've made another version, looks decent enough in the game. I can't do better - I'm **** with hair strands  >_<  

Version 3 (HD):

98Xs2ptl.pngA3wTHoil.png

rczAkG5l.jpg

vDq5nm4l.jpg

P.S. Btw, the game scales larger pictures so you didn't have to crop your original picture, it looks better in the game when larger.

• Like 6

So some of you may know/remember I sort of know my portrait game.  Few months ago in preparation for all this Deadfire nonsense I cut together a new custom portrait for my planned Cipher/Fighter multi class watcher.  It is basically a mashup of the old Heodan portrait and one of Jason Seow's armor wearing dude portraits, with a very healthy bit of editing and enhancements.  Particularly to make Heodan look a bit more rough and tumble. 

Today I decided to sit down with the backer beta for Deadfire, and get this portrait Deadfire ready.  Feel free to give feedback, use if you want to, whatever.

In Game:

38643845531_3eb10cb28e_o.png

Portraits:

26868155909_bff936969e_o.png

38643845451_d911480aff_o.png

26868155799_e43fd95a82_o.png

38643845431_5a70eebcba_o.png

• Like 5

Wow Aramintai, that's some really stellar work. I messed around in photoshop and with the online editor for a bit and didn't come up with anything near that quality haha, mind giving my character a go?

More waving hair strands?  :wacko: 

Ok, how about this:

Ucgrke4.pngzCl60mW.png

dGZN4gt.jpg

Cm7li1F.jpg

Wow Aramintai, that's some really stellar work. I messed around in photoshop and with the online editor for a bit and didn't come up with anything near that quality haha, mind giving my character a go?

More waving hair strands?  :wacko:

Ok, how about this:

Ucgrke4.pngzCl60mW.png

dGZN4gt.jpg

Cm7li1F.jpg

Awesome! Thanks so much  :yes: 

p.s. Don't you know? Wavy hair strands is the big fashion in Eora right now.

• Like 1

Here are two versions of my fumblings with them:

Made another stab at this portrait to increase strokes visibility:

Version 4 (HD):

j5qRJFp.pngPKZnJ5d.png

PrpTECZl.jpg

PshBeujl.jpg

Looks better in the game, imho.

• Like 3

p.s. Don't you know? Wavy hair strands is the big fashion in Eora right now.

Yea, I see, everybody wants to be an elf with cool hair all over the place. Can't say I blame ye, elves are awesome, I'm a sucker myself :)

But seriously, hair strands, especially if they blend with the background are a total pain in the ass.

• Like 2

On a slight tangent, and not even sure if this has been discussed before (couldnt find)....

does anyone else think that Grieving Mother's portrait could have been inspired by Obsidian's own Katrina?

I don't mean that in a negative manner, as Katrina is an attractive lady, just by the expression she makes in some of the videos that looks similar to this...

4eJtDac.jpg

• Like 10

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

On a slight tangent, and not even sure if this has been discussed before (couldnt find)....

does anyone else think that Grieving Mother's portrait could have been inspired by Obsidian's own Katrina?

I don't mean that in a negative manner, as Katrina is an attractive lady, just by the expression she makes in some of the videos that looks similar to this...

4eJtDac.jpg

Grieving MILF should've been a romance option. Just saying.

Something about that Thousand-yard stare, lol

*cough* on a more serious note, i don't really see much in common apart from the camera angle and the long dark hair. The facial features are quite different.

Edited by Juodas Varnas

I meant inspiration, as a few portraits have been of or inspired by Obsidian staff, not a carbon copy.

We don't need people's facts ruining my sensational theory!

Edited by PneumaticFire
  • Like 3

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

Aramintai,

Are you still taking requests? If so...

ehzp5x.jpg2uzfp60.jpg

Please and thank you!!

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

• 2 weeks later...