With Quest mode stuck, I thought I finish my thief/cleric game. Struggled then beat 6.4. I have yet to beat 6.5. It is hard to hit a 30 and a 40 with no cards in hand. Whether I pass or not I take 2 damage. Any help from the other lowers the number of cards in hand. Failing has led to 4+ damage. Hand empty. In the words of Mortal Kom bat - Fight! Also, never rolled high enough when I did have cards. Nothing like 13+ damage EVERY time I have a chance. Who has beat it? I'm ready to quit the game altogether.

I struggled mightily with this scenario... the guaranteed damage was painful. I just beat it for my first clear with Kera and Mersei. What I did was use armor / medallion to mitigate the damage. Additionally I used Augury, Scry, and ,spyglass to keep moving the villain to the back of the deck. After that I save my best weapon for discarding on the 40 roll and took my best shots. I additionally spread around blessing that added 2 dice between my characters so Each 1 could provide a double dice boost with their blessings.. it took about 2 days but I finally did it.

Hope this helps. If you want more direct help you could post your builds and I will help further

Shaman helps with the henchman discards.  Use augury or scrying for putting the villain at the bottom of the deck.  It's ok to skip turns when fighting henchmans back to back, especially charging up everyone's blessings at the villain fight.

I have beaten it in the Tabletop version on second try. But I forgot so many special rules that the first run was doomed anyway. I also realised that I never used augury the correct way back then.

I would expect it to be hard to roll a 30+ followed by a 40+ for two characters no matter the circumstances.

My experience was that you should bring some superior damage reduction which can't be delivered by most armors. The Sihedron Ring will take care of almost all before and after encounter Damage. Lesser Options would be adamantine Plate Armor, Fortress Shield or the Spell Ward Shield if you got one from treasures.

I really dislike sugessting Treasure Cards since not everyone has them but there some armors that give you small to significant boni to skill and combat checks. They might give you a bit of an edge in the harder fights.

I found rings of protection really useful for that scenario. Henchmen deal 1 damage to everyone which you can just ignore and it's only a reveal so you can keep it in hand.

For bigger hits combine with sihedron medallion/armor. You still have to discard things some times, but not that many. Also remember to pass the whole turn if you don't feel like you can succeed at a henchman/villain. Out of habit I just kept going and you only lose more of the rest of the groups' cards.

I have managed it with Kyra + Merisiel on normal. I think it took me about 10 attempts and it was by far the hardest of any of the scenarios. Merisiel suddenly goes from an absolute combat beast to being completely unable to use Sneak Attack so long as Kyra is alive.

As mentioned already, deck scouting and damage reduction felt like the most important things to bring to this scenario. Cards I remember loving were:
Scouting: Augury, Scrying, Revelation Quill, Magic Spyglass.
Damage Reduction: Shield of Fire Resistance, Ring of Energy Resistance, Reflecting Shield, Sihedron Medallion, Invincible Breastplate.
Other: Wand of Enervation (for the final check).

Try to get Karzoug to the bottom of the deck asap, then it's all about not failing combat checks (don't be afraid to use blessings!). When you get down to just Karzoug, don't be afraid to pass and bury cards if there are still cards in your deck which would make your hand stronger.

Finally, good luck! It is far from easy. It is the only scenario I haven't beaten on heroic with Kyra + Merisiel... in fact I haven't even tried it yet because the thought of it fills me with dread :s