Party can't choose feats at level up in Quest mode

Jaesun

Question

My party finally was able to level up and choose feats, but I can only choose feats for a few of them then the feat screen locks up. I can however escape to the main page, clicking on the gear icon. I tried completely restarting the app, but it will still lock up. Is there any other information I could provide?

I unfortunately brought an old level 40 party into quest mode, and now this is happening to me as well. I now cant get out of the level up quest mode. Is there any way to delete the file? Or anything? (Playing on an iPhone).

I just cannot play quest mode at all. :/

Edited by Jaesun

I unfortunately brought an old level 40 party into quest mode, and now this is happening to me as well. I now cant get out of the level up quest mode. Is there any way to delete the file? Or anything? (Playing on an iPhone).

I just cannot play quest mode at all. :/

The only way to delete a quest save in iOS is to delete the app and reinstall.  It's a bit of a leap of faith that all your stuff will sync back, but that should do the trick.  Characters get saved to the cloud after the feat selection screen, so if that is where you're stuck, there's a pretty good chance you'll get reverted back to before that scenario.

To anyone on android, if they are comfortable digging around their file system, deleting the "slot99" folder can do the same thing.

• Like 1

Thank you, I was able to get unstuck from the level up screen by deleting that file. However, in quest mode my characters are still getting extra feat powers. If I play in quest mode, my characters will eventually get stuck with to many cards powers chosen. Correct?

Thank you, I was able to get unstuck from the level up screen by deleting that file. However, in quest mode my characters are still getting extra feat powers. If I play in quest mode, my characters will eventually get stuck with to many cards powers chosen. Correct?

Pretty much, yeah.  Hopefully there's a fix in the works, because even if you unstuck your game for now, you're just going to run into it again.

I have to admit I'm not really into the delete the game to fix the issue trick. Let's have a permanent fix for this issue because as was said... it's very likely to continue happening even if this temparily works.

Very true.  For iOS, deleting the game feels drastic, but may be the only method to wipe out some save files because there's no easy way to do so like in Android.  It is a bit of a last-resort fix, but iOS users unfortunately have a really small toolbox when you need to find ways to troubleshoot.

I finally ran into a bug that stops my play. All previous bugs I could restart the app and continue.

Playing the thief and cleric. The bug hit when I hit level 28. Since the 2nd to last patch whenever I finished an adventure I got a card reward. The last update/patch didn't change that. I played the daily quest to defeat 25 banes. I beat the adventure. Rewards come up - more card slots. I have no card slots available. I can't advance the screen to get to the characters. I either sit at the reward screen or go back to the main menu.

No more questing for me until this is fixed. Email with files will be sent. Any ideas on what to do?

Edited by Rom129DCS

The quest mode is in the hold state. We and the dev Are not sure if and when the quest mode will be fixed or will it be removed. Only time will tell, but the dev have an intent to put quest mode to good shape if it is just possible. There was an info of this in the last dev blog.

https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/8/entry-199-pathfinder-adventures-whats-next/

Following the dev blog is most usefull when hunting does information about the state of the game!

https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/8-pathfinder-adventures-dev-blogs/

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 1

As a programmer, I understand that fixing things is easier said than done, but I really hope Quest mode gets fixed at some point.  It's my favorite part of the game.

If it can't be fixed any time soon, I'd rather see it rolled back to when level 30 was the max character level than have it removed entirely.  The ability to forfeit or otherwise abort post-mission rewards might also be helpful, since that's where most of the game breaking bugs seem to occur that lock us out from playing.

Sorry, but I don't agree that their decision to deprioritise quest mode in any way excuses or even relates to this bug.

It's one thing to choose not to spend a lot of time doing the QA required to extend quest mode to new levels (which is what they're talking about in the blog). It's another thing entirely to break what's already working and not bother fixing it. Especially when it's almost certainly a simple fix - it seems to be 100% reproduceable and in a well isolated area of functionality. Although admittedly fixing the mess that the bug has made will be a fair bit of work even if the bug itself shouldn't be.

The only reason it's not fixed is it's the christmas holdiays and Morgiv was more important to fix before then.

I just think it's very pessimistic to think they won't sort this out some time soon.

My worry is that the dev team if far past the deadline that the company have give them to this game. So it requires that the company is still willing to put time and efford to the quest mode. The dev team want to do it, but if company says that They don't pay salaries any more for this game and the team should start the next project instead. Then it means that there will not be anything to quest mode. But if the company gives more time to the dev team, then most likely because the dev team definitely would want to fix the quest mode Also.

But it all is about companys budget for this game and if They need to priorite the goals, the quest mode is not very high on that list.

Making pc version eventually will bring new customers, quest mode... well you see the problem.

But as Irgy say we should be optimistic at this moment, but be ready for bad news Also. The dev team have the dedication, just have to hope that the company has Also.

Uncertain the update number.

After finally being able to get back into this, I played Quest mode for a time.

Each mission, no matter if I ran out of time or succeeded, certain high level characters of mine earned card feats. It refused to let me progress until I assigned those feats.

I have now run out of card feats, the game won't let me progress because I can't use the feat it's giving.

My worry is that the dev team if far past the deadline that the company have give them to this game. So it requires that the company is still willing to put time and efford to the quest mode. The dev team want to do it, but if company says that They don't pay salaries any more for this game and the team should start the next project instead. Then it means that there will not be anything to quest mode. But if the company gives more time to the dev team, then most likely because the dev team definitely would want to fix the quest mode Also.

But it all is about companys budget for this game and if They need to priorite the goals, the quest mode is not very high on that list.

Making pc version eventually will bring new customers, quest mode... well you see the problem.

But as Irgy say we should be optimistic at this moment, but be ready for bad news Also. The dev team have the dedication, just have to hope that the company has Also.

I guess my point though was that even in the scenario you describe, never reverting quest mode to its previously functional state would still be utterly ridiculous. I would be shocked if it was more than a 30 minute fix once someone actually looks at it. The only time consuming part would be the release/patch process and the regression testing (that you could be excused for doubting the existance of).

All the "quest mode is on hold" stuff may be true, but is completely irrelevant to this bug and its bugfix.  See the following quote:

Yeah we were not able to get this done and tested in time before submission cut to google and apple before they went on holiday. Sorry guys. :(

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/90695-cant-open-any-more-card-feat-on-quest-mode/?p=1868251

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC

Same problem.

I have three parties - 

First one locked up on 5-3 Victory Screen because Amiri doesn't have an ability to pick

Second one locked up on 1-5 Victory Screen - here there is no indication on what to select, no abilities... just the 5 characters sitting there unable to advance on

Third party (made after the first two locked up), locked up on 3-4 Victory Screen - For this group, the above "random picture mashing" technique that Zyxion worked and fixed the problem.

I have been in contact with Obsidian support and they said they are working on a big patch coming out "soon".  Hopefully it fixes the problem.  

Great game, lots of fun when it works, but right now the bugs are sinking it for me.

BC

I have a similar issue, a fallen character earning a card feat. I'm not able to see any character menus (powers, cards, etc.) and am unable to advance. I get the victory screen every time I start quest mode. Effectively, it seems my Quest mode is stuck forever.

Is there any workaround to start up a new quest; seeing as you have 3 separate parties, I imagine you escaped somehow.

Thanks

I am having this problem as well.

It's sad they've decided to prioritize Story Mode, I much prefer Quest Mode. While not easier, it isn't as stagnant.

Story Mode it's likely to have to fight a scenario hundreds of times before getting lucky enough to complete it because you don't gain anything from the unsuccessful attempts. If the scenario is too powerfull for you now, it will still be too powerful after 500 tries.

• Like 1

"WE will not fix Quest mode until we fix story mode"

Hmm, OK ? You're selling content but you're not fixing a basic glitch that makes half of the game unplayable ? My answer to that is uninstalling the game and never buying a single thing of obsidian anymore. Congratulations for considering your customers as sheeps.

I think there are two statements being conflated into one.

They've said they are aware of the feat problem in Quest mode and are working on a fix (which didn't get tested before the holidays so did not go into the patch that rolled out after the most recent update).  That is in this thread.

In a recent blog entry, they did indicate they weren't putting additional development time into Quest mode until Story mode is completed.  At which point they will put their resources towards Quest mode and determine what they want to do with it.  This was said in relation to how slow the development had went previously in adding the existing game scenarios to the app because they were in essence trying to update two different versions of the game at the same time and how the last two Story mode chapters had been added quicker because they had worked primarily on Story mode.

I do not believe that the second statement is meant to take that they will not fix bugs on Quest mode as I doubt they want to release a product with a indefinitely broken aspect (if that was the case, they'd more likely put some time in removing Quest mode entirely and reintroducing it later, I'd think).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man