Taking it to the hole. Hoops 2K17 Thread.

Leferd

I suppose Boston's already started saving their energy for next year with Markelle Fultz and Gordon Hayward.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

one cannot help but feel some sympathy for the kings.  manage to get isaiah thomas with a second round pick.  trade him away and watch him become arguable one o' the best pg in the league.  now the kings is likely needing to draft a pg with one of their two lottery picks.

shoulda' traded boogie earlier and kept thomas. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I almost feel sorry for the Kings. Complete mismanagement since the days of Adelman and Webber.

But then, I think of my friends from Sac and the schadenfreude fills me with joy.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

as a chicago fan, am in a similar situation as the kings following.  

though, in all honesty, our basketball fandom has waned considerable since 1993.  as crazy as it sounds, the dominance o' chicago for almost a decade forever ruined our enjoyment o' pro basketball. 

'course the college game has become increasingly terrible in recent years.  

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Remember when eveyrone was fretting over the fact that CLE wasn't going by #1 seed and wouldn't have home court 'advantage'? L0LZ

It is amazing James has only 4 MVPs. Without him, this CLE 'jauggernaut' would be be struggling to make the playoffs. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It could go either way. GS is the better team. CLE has the best player. The reason why these two teams are close is becuase they have soemthing other teams don't - money shooting. Both IND and TOR played 'well' against CLE but they simply din't shoot as well. GS (and CLE) will shoot well.

It could go either way. GS seems to be rock solid. Last year in their run through playfofs theyw ere rather up and down even pre Finals (ie. down 3-1 to OKC).

Of course, i want the Cleveland Lebrons to win but  I would not be surprised if GS did.

• Like 2

Enes Kanter detained in Romania. His passport revoked for his anti-Erdogan politics. Faces possible extradition back to Turkey. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8SL7iMmVQ4

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/enes-kanter-detained-romanian-airport-turkish-passport-canceled-163339569.html

Hope everything works out well for him.

• Like 1

I don't know if I'd call a 3 point loss "slaughtered".  Still, they lost to an Isaiah-less Celtics team.  Oh well, it will take them 5 games instead of 4 to get to the finals.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I call it slaughtered when you just crushed them by 40+ points, youa r eon your hoke court, and you had a huge lead. No excuses. That was AWFUL.

Maybe it's better for the Cavs to get a game like that out of their system now, because they sure can't afford to be having games like that against the Dubs.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Bye bye f-----g Spurs

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Damn Lebron.  Why did you feel sorry for BOS and let them have a win? It would ahve eben supra sweet if the Finals were two 12-0 teams battling it out for supremcy.

Still, as I said above, GS has to be the favorites but one can never rule out the Lebrons winning either. I am hoping Lebron  with a little help from his friends manage to pull it out.. but I dunno.

Unlike BOS, Lebron is going to have to be slam dunkj on both O and D. Hopefully, Irivng and Love cna step up their D again.

I'll be shocked if either team  ever has mroe than 1 bad game where they score elss than 100 points. I can see a lot of 120-110 games. L0L

• Like 1

Using the OSAS* method I'm going with GSW to win it this year

I wanna say they take in 5 but I'm not confident enough to put any money on it.... plus, I'd prefer if it went 7 games, 7 nail-bitingly close games

*picking the opposite whatever Stephen A Smith says

Free games updated 3/4/21

Really great and efficient night from KD. Gonna be hard to beat the dubs if KD keeps shooting 50%+.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Easy win. GS is way too stacked. L0L  CLE has no chance with giving up too many 2nd chances, too many turnovers, and awful shooting. Not to mention the muggings.  Like I said before, GS has to be the clear favorites as a team.