See? How do you want to compare the dps potential if not competing solo? With a party there are too many possibilites, synergies and so on to really compare dps without a ton of kerfuffle.

Maths should be enough, but there are also 2 possible ways to test as a party:

- you can use the same party for both and watch how fast they beat an encounter as a party (based on the group synergy)

- you can use the best party for each character (for buffs/heals) and then see how fast they kill alone all the enemies

Obviously a solo build is different from a party build and you can't claim a class adds more dps to a party just because he kills some enemies faster. (And it would be unfair to ask Boeroer how fast his chanter can kill Magran's Faithful. ;))

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 2

I also used the exact same barb for a solo run - at the same time Kaylon did. It was a funny coincidence. You have to know that it doesn't always work out like this. Often enough the barb gets disabled and dies. Of course nobody would post that on Youtube. ;)
Actually I solo'd Magran's Faithful with a chanter and Black Sanctuary: go in with Cape of the Cheat, withdraw and switch to one handed setup. Don'tknow if I can repeat it, but it felt OK. Less fuzz than with the barb + Frenzy + Dragon Leap + Combusting Wounds + HoF (trying to get them all) + Barbaric Blow + Vengeful Defeat. Of course the barb's HoF+ action is more impressive.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I also used the exact same barb. You have to know that it doesn't always work out like this. Often enough he gets disabled and dies. :)

Actually I solo'd Magran's Faithful with a chanter and Black Sanctuary: go in with Cape of the Cheat, withdraw and switch to one handed setup. Don'tknow if I can repeat it, but it felt OK. Less fuzz than with the barb + Frenzy + Dragon Leap + Combusting Wounds + HoF (trying to get them all) + Barbaric Blow + Vengeful Defeat. Of course the barb's HoF+ action is more impressive.

I doubt the withdraw trick works because the combat ends when there's no enemy to fight. It should only work for scripted encounters when you stay in combat until all enemies are dead.

Always put out some figurines.  With the barb I also survived some encounters with figurines although I was already dead. Just lure the enemies to a different location, if you think things go south summon a beetle or whatever. Even if you die and the summon disappers after it's duration wears off you will still get up after the bounty guys return to their places.

But maybe I tested that with a party in the back and only send the chanter in to test this. Most of the time I test builds with some other guys at the edge of the encounter to prevent annoying encounter cancellations due to mind control.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Well you can easily build a chanter that survives most encounters without withdraw, solo chanters defenses are not that much worse than paladins if you use Wengridh and Comrades and for an endbuild you would also have little saviour.

If you don't go for any challenges without consumables topping that off with Llengrath's and Moonwell makes you pretty much invulnerable.

As far as I understand the challenge should not be about the most difficult bounty so you're strill fine without consumables.