Ah - the enchantment "Damaging III" now has +4 ACC, too. And that's on Firebrand. So now it has +4 ACC besides the +45% dmg.

A few patches ago you would have been right. :)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Why? I think it's not overpowered at all. A fully enchanted Hours of St. Rumbalt or Tidefall are way better - even when you take Scion of Flame to boost Firebrand's damage a bit...

Other summoned weapons in comparison: Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff is on par with it, and Citzal's Spirit Lance is way better. The Long Pain is much more powerful, too.

Firebrand is very good in the earlier parts of the game though.

Edited by Boeroer

I don't tell its totally overpower.

But, there is a nerf for the sabers. From a certain point of view, Scion of flame + firebrand is more powerful than certain unique weapons. A critic with that do enormous damages.

Personnaly, I think honestly its not a problem for the druid, because of the transformation. (lot better). But if we want to be logical, the power need also a nerf.

Edited by theBalthazar

Why? What alternatives is Firebrand making useless or unviable?

I'm a two-hander user and a powergamer and I've never used Firebrand once.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Right. You can't enchant it and it comes with not too powerful bonuses. That makes it less valuable than the good uniques. A main reason why a lot of people say the soulbound weapons are not powerful enough by the way: no enchantments.

For example a fully enchanted Hours of St. Rumbalt is also annihilating (+0.5 crit damage), cuases prone on crit, has less base damage but has an elemental lash (which is way better than having just +25% damage) and also has the better ACC enchantment. Then you use durgan steel on it and it has +0.8 crit damage and also gains speed. That's way better than Firebrand.

And if you nerf Firebrand you have to nerf most other summoned weapons, too. Rot Skull for example is a lot more powerful than any implement you can find or buy. Citzals Spirit Lance is more powerful than any pike. And rightfully so, because they disappear after a while and you have to sacrifice a spell use for it. In the case of Firebrand you also have to sacrifice an item slot if you're not a druid. So why should Firebrand - which is less powerful than some unique great swords, get a nerf then?

Edited by Boeroer

In my opinion, Firebrand is a power. So, he need to be more powerful than standard weapon.

Beside, I never used too.

ironically too powerful or not enough.

Edit : Yes boroer, but its the very endgame with durgan and all.

Edited by theBalthazar

Especially in the early game I find more ACC to be way better than more damage - at least when playing PotD. And it has other drawbacks compared to great swords: As I said you have to use up a per rest spell, it runs out after a while and is only has one damage type compared to the usual great sword which has two.

I also consider it to be better than the usual great sword of course, but not better than a Hours of St. Rumbalt with a simple elemental lash for example.

Edited by Boeroer

Only char that make good use of firebrand is barbarian imho... Or a paladin...

I total agree with boerer and Andrea, is not overpowered at all, just good enough for early- mid game, after unique weapon go way better...

Only 1 thing to note: firebrand targets reflex instead of deflecion, so usually this is better that +10 accuracy

Too lazy? ;)

By the way: does Sacred Immolation count as spell? If it does, I think it would be better to use the hand slot for the bracers that do +10% spell damage and use arquebuses or dual sabres for FoD damage instead of using Forgemaster's Gloves.

20% dmg means only 2.7 more dmg compared to the other weapons. That puts regular sabres behind hammers and swords. For pure dps the speed enchantment will be the next best thing after wounding and weapons like Rimecutter, Strike Hard, Last Blade of the White Forge and maybe Bittercut will fight for the best 2nd place - depending on the build/class...

Yes, 20% seems to be a little bit low.

I think it's the good uniques that you can get in early, mid and late game that make sabres worthwhile - even now. But it's true that generic hammers and swords now seem to be better than a generic sabre because they have two damage types. It has been a good feat and now it's even better in comparison to 20% bonus damage.

Don't forget Danulya. ;)

I had always thought that +20% dmg > 2 dmg type, but thinking better i could be wrong the whole time...

Anyway +20% dmg is the raw equal of +6-7 points in str, while for example lance and daggers get you +5 to accuracy, raw equal of +5 points in per, so is still more then fine imho

• 1 month later...

So I just reloaded my pre Thaos save, since 3.04. hit GoG Galaxy right after I finished the game.

Instead of doing 33 max damage my dual bittercut now do 31, 2 damage less.

The corrosive lash amplified by me having the corrosive talent is not even shown in this damage, yet it is only 4 damage less than Tidefall, with which I have attack recovery, while with dual bittercuts I have none if I use either Time Parasite or Alacrity.

If I'm not missing anything the nerf was on one hand much needed on the other sabres are still the best weapon ingame for pure damage.

If you use a barbarian even before the sabre nerf you were probably better off with spreading afflictions via AoE, so I guess barbarians got an indirect buff.

The class that feels the "nerf" the hardest is the melee Rogue (mid to end game) . No other class comes close to the amount of damage bonuses melee rogues can stack. And that is before the finishing blow multiplicative component ... It also ever so slightly lowers the effectiveness of the Chanter's party lash burn aura of which again sabre melee rogue was the main benefactor..

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg