AD4 still on track for August?

9th patch after AD3 was released and still no AD4. Shows you how '2 steps forward, 3 steps back' this game is - every patch they release creates more bugs for them to fix. More excuses for Obsidian to not release new content to those who like me who foolishly bought the full bundle on Day 1. I'm surprised the higher-ups haven't pulled the plug on this game. Releasing it on phones in its current state is going to expose more people to how poorly this game has been handled. More people will complain about more bugs which 'forces' the developers to focus on them before more content will be released. Seems like a never-ending cycle of disappointment.

here's a crazy tin-foil hat level theory on why we're seeing more bugs than content.  The game is not making any money.  So the team will be dismissed once they deliver the content promised.  Thus if they manage to stretch out delivery of the remaining adventure decks for another 6 months, they have 6 months of job security.

Is this paranoid enough? :-)

At this moment, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with how things are looking for the game. The way they are pushing the 'freemium' aspect of the game is indicative that they need the game to make more money.

But despite the dice skins and any other aesthetic-changing add-ons they offer, what really deters me from spending any more money buying chests is that HALF the stuff I open in them cannot be used yet because HALF the game is still missing! It infuriates me when I open a kick-ass AD6 Axe only to realise that I won't be able to use it until next year.

Anyway players that paid when Obsidian wrote about 1 AD per month to complete content and releasing date of AD4 in June, AD5 in July and AD6 in August(?), they can all ask about re-found, because today that is a disinformation that convinced players to buy the bundle in a beta state and with an heavy unrealistic scheduling.

The table top game is wonderful, that's why players buy the bundle. But the app itself really need a dozen of patches like these last for next 12 months.

For example Wand of Enervation is fixed in the patch note, but still that card removes previous dices played... You can't work this way. There are adults on both side and purchase contracts also. It's not just the rating in the stores, it's their reputation with customers.

This game is not Pillars of Eternity or Alpha Protocol, it's an app for Android and iOS.

Anyway players that paid when Obsidian wrote about 1 AD per month to complete content and releasing date of AD4 in June, AD5 in July and AD6 in August(?), they can all ask about re-found, because today that is a disinformation that convinced players to buy the bundle in a beta state and with an heavy unrealistic scheduling.

The table top game is wonderful, that's why players buy the bundle. But the app itself really need a dozen of patches like these last for next 12 months.

For example Wand of Enervation is fixed in the patch note, but still that card removes previous dices played... You can't work this way. There are adults on both side and purchase contracts also. It's not just the rating in the stores, it's their reputation with customers.

This game is not Pillars of Eternity or Alpha Protocol, it's an app for Android and iOS.

Yes that is right. If Obsidian had stuck to their word, the AP would have been complete in August. Yet the game is still buggy as hell and only half complete.

Are there actually grounds to request a refund? Not that I would because I still want this game to succeed but it feels like there's something more behind the scenes which us players aren't aware of. As I have said earlier, there have been 9 patches since AD3 was released, most to address bugs. Everytime Obsidian has apologised for AD4 being delayed, they have cited unexpected bugs. Same excuse for 3+ months now and it's gotten to the point where I believe they are either being dishonest or plain incompetent.

• Like 2

here's a crazy tin-foil hat level theory on why we're seeing more bugs than content.  The game is not making any money.  So the team will be dismissed once they deliver the content promised.  Thus if they manage to stretch out delivery of the remaining adventure decks for another 6 months, they have 6 months of job security.

This is exactly my fear, and it's why I created the "Health of the Game?" thread.

It is not heartening that none of the devs have responded to it, to-date.

This is exactly my fear, and it's why I created the "Health of the Game?" thread.

It is not heartening that none of the devs have responded to it, to-date.

They won't as nothing positive will come from it. They KNOW the game is not doing well and they know that we know.

I still really like it, though I've shelved it to play other things until AD4 drops. I haven't given up and I'll continue to drop money for future Adventure Paths if they are able to move on to S&S, WotR or even MM. 

I still really like it, though I've shelved it to play other things until AD4 drops. I haven't given up and I'll continue to drop money for future Adventure Paths if they are able to move on to S&S, WotR or even MM. 

I still really like it. I'm lucky that I've not had any game-breaking bugs but I really want to do MORE in this game. As of now, I have finished the currently available ADs on Legendary with 5 6-man parties. it's so stupid that Obsidian lets us finally prestige with AD3 then take a 4+ month break with nothing to do with these new prestiged characters except replay old scenarios on varying difficulties.

It just feels like they've taken existing tablet players for granted. I think sales have shown that tablet users don't generate enough revenue for them so they're gonna ignore us to focus on grabbing new players who HOPEFULLY give them more money. As of version 1.1.3, phone users have NOT been waiting 4+ months for new content so I think they've reset their timer on AD4.

Edited by King_Momo

Go back and look at how many people were complaining that phones weren't supported.

Honestly I haven't read any in last 2 months... Issues reports and AD4+ requests overtook everything else..

Anyway who has already paid come first than new clients, not last..

Edited by RedPred

Notice how just because Obsidian released patch 1.1.3 and an advertisement for the game that there is no mention of when AD4 will be released? 3 months has turned to 4 and soon it will be half a year. Months ago, Flounder, one of the developers, said bugs were the cause of the delay but they've fixed it and ADs 4, 5 and 6 will be released faster. Seems like hogwash. Only thing we've gotten in terms of new content are new dice skins and lies.

• Like 2