NBA Playoffs!

Arkan

Almost game time! Come on, Lakers!!! :)

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Having lived in the LA area, I can attest to the fair-weather nature of the fans there.

That's why both NFL teams left the LA area.

Please. You see the effect of the fair-weather fan everywhere. How many baseball games have you watched and seen 90% of the seats empty? Same with basketball and football. Fans don't like to see their team lose so many except the most die hard of fans don't want to waste money on tickets.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I agree. I'm just saying that the fair-weather fan syndrome is not unique to LA.

So far the game is close. The Lakers might have a chance if Kobe doesn't hog like he did last game and Karl Malone isn't playing. For anybody that lives in LA I wonder why does nobody care about investing in the Clippers or the Warriors.

Well, crap.

I suppose I'd feel worse about it if there was something I could do about it. But there isn't ;)

Why are the Detroit starters on the floor?

Get your role-players some time on the floor.

It's a conspiracy! He' running up the score! Boo hiss! ;)

Gotta be the team, I'd say Billups on Offense and Big Ben on Defense.

Dungggggggggggggggggg

Dung is right, hehe.