NBA Playoffs!

Arkan

Imagine if they had 'Melo.

But Darko is like thier secret weapon. The man will score 99 points in game 7!

I think they draft via name coolness

actaully, the draft is even worse now that they have sheed, they don't need a PF, but he's young (aka the future)

ESPN Lakers Story

This is what I'm talking about. I ripped LA for constantly giving a disservice to it's fans. I don't understand how people can root for LA. This is what I'm talking about.

They play when they want to play. Koba can throw a fit and decided not to shoot all night. Kobe, Shaq and Payton squabble when they feel like it. They also steam-roll teams when they feel like it.

I'm not an LA fan. However, despite the Game 1 performance I believe deep down that LA could crush this Pistons team if they really felt like it. I said crush.

Fisher had an off game, but there are days where I think when it comes to "gut-checks" he's the only basketball player out there. The Lakers need leadership in this cloud of egos. They need Steve Kerr to pull his aging, small body off the bench to hit some shots and make the starters look bad.

Too bad Kerr is retired. LA wake up, and listen up. Listen to your coach and play with intensity, or the honeymoon is over.

Not that it's been a great marriage.

What you wrote: "ESPN Lakers Story

This is what I'm talking about. I ripped LA for constantly giving a disservice to it's fans. I don't understand how people can root for LA. This is what I'm talking about.

They play when they want to play. Koba can throw a fit and decided not to shoot all night. Kobe, Shaq and Payton squabble when they feel like it. They also steam-roll teams when they feel like it.

I'm not an LA fan. However, despite the Game 1 performance I believe deep down that LA could crush this Pistons team if they really felt like it. I said crush.

Fisher had an off game, but there are days where I think when it comes to "gut-checks" he's the only basketball player out there. The Lakers need leadership in this cloud of egos. They need Steve Kerr to pull his aging, small body off the bench to hit some shots and make the starters look bad.

Too bad Kerr is retired. LA wake up, and listen up. Listen to your coach and play with intensity, or the honeymoon is over.

Not that it's been a great marriage. "

What I read: "Waaaaaaaaaa!"

Sorry, just being honest. :lol:

P.S. I read the link,a nd the guy is a bigger crybaby then you. The lakers have won 3 championships in the last 5 years, are in the Finals AGAIN and will likely win, and he still find sosmehting to cry about. Why? Because they lost one friggin' game and the team had a bad night. Waaa.. It's not like won every game in the regualr season. heck, they weren't even the number one seed. or heack, the number two seed. :unsure:

Not to mention that Kobes does have a rapge charge tod eal with and if found guilty has basically lost his life. not to mention, if found innocent, he's gonna ahev that dark cloud of "Is he rapist?". And,e evn if he didn't do it, he still has the shame of cheating on his wife.

Still, bottom line is the Lakers had a bad game. Big whoopity do dah. Unlike the Super Bowl, it's a best of 7; not best of 1.

And, they did try. they justw erne't good enough in that game. period.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

First off, I'm not a Lakers fan. I lived in the LA area for quite a while, but never cared for the team.

I borderline loathe the team.

I don't care if a team loses a game. However, the Lakers don't put out any effort. Reading the LA Times and Orange County Register every day, you see stories of Kobe crying like a baby about not getting the ball enough. Then Shaq whines about not getting the ball enough. Then Payton whines.

Last time I checked, Malone was chasing history with his scoring records and sacraficed that to be a role-player in LA. You don't hear him whining. However, he doesn't seem to be happy in LA and his play reflects this.

Saving money to travel and see your team in the Finals is expensive. That one game may be the only one you go to. That may be a once in a lifetime experience. If your team loses an epic battle, it sticks with you. It hurts, but it also vindicates you as a real fan.

(I like to point to my experiences with the 1993 National Championship game between Nebraska and Florida State)

However, when a team comes out that flat and never really competes. That stings. The Lakers didn't care. Shaq dominated underneath, and his "teammates" didn't feel like passing the ball. Their childish fights and egos got in the way of victory. The Lakers are a superior team talent wise. It's not even that close.

However, you watch the Pistons play and you see intensity. In Game 6 of the Pacers-Pistons series, Indiana was right about to steal a victory with an easy lay-up to get back in the game with a minute left. Out of no-where, you see a Blue Jersey fly across the screen.

Blocked. Denied. The Pistons are laying it all out on the court. The Lakers seem like they could care less.

That is a disservice to their fans.

But, they do. However, youa re right, for at least game 1, Detroit cared more. Big whoop. And, oh, to make it clear, I'm no Lakers fans. In fact, my fave team sucks and theyw er eluckt to even make the play-offs and then didn't even win a game. ;)

And, they'll win 3 champions ina row, and certain people will say jackson had no part in it. LOL

I have a feeling win-or-lose in these finals, that it's time for Phil to move on.

Critics knock on the fact that he's always had great players. I'm curious to see if Phil can build a program.

Yup. I agree. It's a different type of challenge. With the Bulls he coached a relatively young but hungry team in their first championship. Wiuth the Lakers'; his job was coaching persoanlities that often clashed in soap opera like scenarios to success. it's time for him to try something. We know he can coach Bull and Laker type teams. We'll see if he can take a different approach..

Okay Game 2 is well underway.

Detroit is shooting 35% from the field, and 56% from the stripe.

Detroit is still playing good D, but they can't win unless they can score.

Is LA making good defensive adjustments or was Game 1 a better than usual offensive night for Detroit?

Don't know...just finished watching a movie with my little cousin, so just turned to the game...Can't complain.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

:)

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta