Will Project X Be A Good Game?

Will Project X be a good game?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will Project X be a good game?

• Yes
    • Maybe but I am unsure
    • No

I'd really have to know what the game is to be able to answer that with anything more than a guess or hope. Even then, I'd need some more information.

I doubt it will be crap, but then there are a lots of games that are probably good if you like the type of game it is that I'd glibly call crap anyways.

newlogo.gif

I think you're way off on this, Visceris (per usual). I wouldn't be so quick to sign off on Obsidian Entertainment's new game. Chris Avellone has more than proven himself as a good writer and game designer in the past with Planescape: Torment so I'll be willing to wager that he's more than capable of recreating at least a sum of his accomplishments in this new title.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

Is Obsidian made completely of previously BIS people or are there some new ones as well? Regardless, it isn't all of the old BIS, so until we've seen a game from them or at least some of their ideas and setting for the new game, it's ridiculous to form an opinion.

Is Obsidian made completely of previously BIS people or are there some new ones as well? Regardless, it isn't all of the old BIS, so until we've seen a game from them or at least some of their ideas and setting for the new game, it's ridiculous to form an opinion.

I think something like 18 of the 22 or so people are exBIS. I'm sure I'll get corrected, but I don't think I'm to far off.

Well, what information do we actually have on the game? That its an RPG is about it. If the game sounds more interesting than that, then I would assume that it would be god. We have the Dark Lord himself (and his apprentice) running the company and working on the game.

So long as they have decent equipment (i.e. not a 9 inch monitor and running solely on DOS) they can probably put something decent out.

Judging from past efforts by the individuals that I know of at Obsidian, and ideas that were quite good but due to extenuating circumstances were never implemented, I feel that it is a safe bet that "Project X" will be better than most of the crap that has been released the past couple of years. I mean, let's face it, with the dearth of good and deep games for the last few years, "See Spot Run" converted to a CRPG would be genius and win all the industry's rewards. However, don't let this make you think that I don't have faith in the people of Obsidian; on the contrary, I have an enormous amount of faith in them, and I am 99.9% sure that my faith will be rewarded soon enough.

I second that, Meiz. It'd be somewhat shameful if they proved Visceris right.

Exitium

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

Heh! Good one Exitium. That was just a good one. Yeah! I personally really am waiting for this game and the future RPG's from Obsidian. As I have personally played both the Fallout1&2, Baldurs Gate's. So I really wait for the work that these guys do. As there is guys who has been working with Fallout serie. O lala!

That is just great.

I hope you guys will make a good and new RPG or whatever. :)

I just keep waiting for a GOOD game as there hasn't been any lately.

Good luck to ya guys.

thanks

We don't give them a false sense of confidence. Their personal skill is what matters in this case.

Exitium