I'm curious what kind of parties out there are working out good in PotD for you guys.

My Current Party is:

Monk (Main) Light armour high attack speed focuses on dealing damage to casters but also heavy armored due to high accuracy

Eder (Tank)

Zahuha (Second damage dealer)

Durance (Buff & Heal)

Aloth (Crowd Control and Damage)

Hiravias (good CC with storms otherwise feels a little weak)

I have tried Maneha for quite some time but she didnt deal enough damage compared to Zahuha. P.S. i did not respecc any of my story characters that im using.

My intention was to replace Hivarias for either a Ranger or a Cipher but im not sure if Cipher is good. The last time i had Grieving Mother in my PoTD party (2.0 patch), all she did was grazing hits or not hitting (missing) all the time because her accuracy was kind of low with 8X ish. I only used her for amplified wave (the aoe spell) the other spells either missed or had a very short duration if they hitted.

So is Cipher still like this?

And how is ranger currently? Would it make sense to replace him for my druid or is druid superior for his crowd control abilities?

Also what kind of Spells for Wizard/Druid/Cipher/Priest you consider good for PotD? - against single target like dragons and against big groups

Edited by Bugged Wolf Companion

My intention was to replace Hivarias for either a Ranger or a Cipher but im not sure if Cipher is good.

Yeap, Ciphers are good, actually excellent. But I might be a bit biased here, as it was my main class, twice.

The last time i had Grieving Mother in my PoTD party (2.0 patch), all she did was grazing hits or not hitting (missing) all the time because her accuracy was kind of low with 8X ish. I only used her for amplified wave (the aoe spell) the other spells either missed or had a very short duration if they hitted.

I don't really like GM stats. But she can be built to work nevertheless with a heavy inclination into CC department.

Her relatively average perception should not be a problem. At least not with Devotions for the Faithful, Valor scrolls, Inspiring Radiance, Interdiction, Champions Boon, various interfering status effects, and Tactical Meld.

Amplified Wave is indeed great. But so are Whispers of Treason (great against dragons and ogre druids), and Mental Binding (esp. melee ogres and eyeless).

Also Boon + Disintegration deals a ton of single-target damage. And ofc your monks gonna love the knives in the late game. Pain link can get useful as well.

The only question is how to build her. Bows probably won't be that good, due to completely average might. Thus I'd say pistol/arquebuss are the right choice for her. Although sabres could work as well, as she has decent con/res for frontline.

Also what kind of Spells for Wizard/Druid/Cipher/Priest you consider good for PotD?

- Wizard: depends on the build really. But the common stuff would be: Chill Fog, Ghost Blades (if have rogue), Minor Blights, Confusion, Shadowflame, Slumber, Bitter Mooring, Gaze of Adragan, Crushing Doom, Freezing Rake

- Druid: had never included this class in the party. But it's kinda obvious: Relentless Storm and Firebug.

- Cipher: Treason, Mental Binding, Echo, Wave, Plague, Mindweb. And if you have decent might: Mind Lance, Silent Scream, Detonate (lots, lots, lots of damage, just dont kill your party), Disintegration (ultimate dragon killer)

- Priest: pretty much every second spell, but the most useful and unique are: Devotions for the Faithful, Cleansing Flames, Minor Avatar, Crowns and add there Shining Beacon and Storm of Holy Fire if you need damage.

Edited by MaxQuest

Grieving Mother doesn't talk to the other characters so I find her a bit dull.

Sagani is fun if you've got Eder since he interacts with her fox. Rangers are pretty solid - arguably entering overpowered territory with certain weapons - and Sagani's attributes are better for a ranger than Grieving Mother's are for Cipher.

Her fox is roughly equivalent to the wolf, so picking animal damage talents and abilities, and using disabling/proc bows(Borresaine -> Storm Caller) is a good idea to make use of her high-ish perception.

Does it mean that blunderbuss isnt good anymore for ciphers?

Blunderbuss is still good. But you need DR penetration and high Might.

Other optimal route for GM is using a War Bow (Rain of Godagh for example). And going for zero-recovery. Or use Pistols and Arquebuses otherwise.

And if i had to decide if cipher or ranger can it be said that one of them is better against bosses like dragons or big mob groups?

I had both Sagani and GM in the group. 

Pet aside, GM has slightly outdps'ed Sagani with Stormcaller.

So it's up to you to decide: [cc on demand] or [animal companion].

Alright thank you for the tips!

Cipher was pretty golden for the Llengrath fight my monks with blades and cipher with desintegrate obliterated the dragons (PotD scaled stats).

In my opinion the alpine dragon, adra dragon and the Roedwith headhunter quest were a lot harder.

I probably gonna reload and pick the peaceful solution for the stat bonus anyways as the spells from llengrath are pretty much useless to me.