Foul misgivings, haunts and desecrated vault

icdumppl

Question

More fun with Iesha summoning or lack there of

So encountered a haunt (#2 in this case), in the desecrated vault.

Got a 1 on the auto d6 roll for monsters with undead trait are undefeated and wasnt given a chance to summon Iesha

Everything else worked fine. Picked up the haunt and was able to close location immediately

Note the auto roll, as in the game rolled the d6 not me so it wasnt a summon roll that was to low(below5). Technically shouldnt even roll the undefeated undead d6 as the haunt wasnt actually defeated

Edited by icdumppl
  • Like 1

6 answers to this question

But nice bug find icdumpll! Very specific case.

Those are two separate bugs, actually.

1) It seems the game counts acquiring a Haunt as 'defeating a monster' (I discovered it with the Haunts activating the Retaliation wild card)

2) Bug 1) activates the power of Desecrated Vault which in turn, on a roll of 1. resets the Haunt status to 'undefeated', while they probably made Ieasha to trigger on "when Haunt is defeated'. If so, the easiest fix for 2) should be to just remove the 'Undead' trait from Haunts as nothing in the game cares about it, as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

The bug doesn't require the roll to see if the Haunt is undefeated to be 1.

Kyra at the Desecrated Vault, Foul Misgivings. Normal mode.

Kyra encounters a haunt. Cool, I think, bring on Iesha (since Kyra is the only one that can defeat her).

Get the "roll to see if this monster is undefeated" roll. (Which is pointless.) It wasn't a one.

Get the "roll to see if this monster is undefeated" roll AGAIN, instead of the roll to encounter Iesha. 

Very disappointed....

Edited by elcoderdude

Not sure if this is helpful, but I actually caught a related bug on video.

Link

Seelah, having just defeated a Goblin Warchanter at the desecrated vault, discards a blessing to explore again. She finds a haunt. A d6 is rolled twice in a row, both times to see if the bane is undefeated. There is no roll for Ms. Foxglove and she does not make an appearance.