I encountered a bug in a scenario within the first five encounters that ended me taking 6 damage when I shouldn't have. I decided to try the forfeit option just to restart the scenario and I noticed that I kept the few boons I found, one of which being the best sword for that adventure level.

I know in the real game you can kind of do something like this (at the expense of having to reset the game) which is a pain in card form. But in app form... Isn't this cheating a bit? Does the game track wins/losses in any way that might deter this kind of meta gaming for better cards?

Just curious. I wish the game kept track of w/l, time played, at a character level, party level, and app level.

Well in the physical game you can just do nothing each turn until you run out of time, and you do keep boons acquired. While there might be a couple particular scenarios where due to scenario specific effects this might not work, for the most part it's a valid strategy. To be honest I don't see much of a difference between this and people farming the same scenario over and over for better cards.

Well in the physical game you can just do nothing each turn until you run out of time, and you do keep boons acquired. While there might be a couple particular scenarios where due to scenario specific effects this might not work, for the most part it's a valid strategy. To be honest I don't see much of a difference between this and people farming the same scenario over and over for better cards.

Yea, if you look at the blessing deck counter when you forfeit you will see it actually ticking down one by one, I assumed this was meant to mimic what you're describing in the physical game.

Yep, forfeit is an easy way of saying "Thanks, I'll take all that stuff now" and keeping it.  Way too easy.  But compared with the 'you just got screwed by another outlandishly random roll' there has to be some mechanism for allowing you to make small gains to improve your chances.

• Like 1

I remember when the physical game first came out there were discussions about this 'strategy' of just letting time run out while farming for good items. Of course then you may as well just put all the best cards right into your deck and not play at all. In the end it's your game though, so do what you want. In co-ops you are only cheating yourself out of fun (unless you are playing Ghost Stories, then it's ok to cheat because I see no other way of getting a win in that game!)

With extra difficultly levels in the digital version of Pathfinder a bit of grinding is a good thing since you'll need the cards, but moving forward to gain skills and feats will also be important. I find it to be a nice balance.

• Like 1

I agree about playing the game how you want, but yeah if you're going to farm on that level then to me it takes away some of the fun and challenge of the game because every game you'll have the exact same cards in your deck which makes it both boring and easy. But hey, do what you want. For the same reason why I don't really see a problem with allowing people to undo rolls, this isn't a tournament or a competitive game. Put something in multiplayer so undoing can be disabled and beyond that, who cares.

• Like 1

It Also help if you encounter a bug that prevent going on, but does not freese the game.

Pretty much this. The game screwed up quite a bit in the early betas, so one reason for this feature was to help us restart a bugged game.

Reminds me of one of the bugs when Talisman went digital. Only saved after the turn. You could exit, force close, restart and take the turn again.....good times. If you played the thief you were unstoppable.

• Like 1

There's some robustness I would like to add to Forfeit to make sure forfeiting while you have characters at locations like the Mountain Peak has some consequence (particularly if you are in perma-death mode). But yes, losing a game doesn't reset your deck, and forfeiting is losing. Getting good stuff from lost games is how new parties can build themselves up to deal with the challenges ahead. Also banishing cards should always be consequential.

• Like 2

Huh, we always assumed the rule in the physical game was that if you didn't win the scenario you reset your deck (except dead people were potentially still dead)

It might be nice if there were an option to forfeit without changing decks.  So that I can make myself get through the game without getting to farm for stuff.  Yes, I can choose to throw away boons I gained, but if I banished something and got a replacement, I can't change that.

The thing is, farming adventures is intended as a possible way to gain cards for those that wish to do so. And while it might seem odd at first that you keep cards after a forfeit, think of it this way - your characters still went out and tried to complete that adventure and got that stuff. Just because they ran out of time (which is basically what Forfeit is without having to press skip turn a bunch of times) doesn't change that before they ran out of time they found a chest with a Longsword +1 in it.

Now it's certainly possible to abuse this by just starting adventures over and over and just quitting out if you don't feel like finishing, but to be honest it's really up to individual players to just not do that if they want to play the game with more of the expected amount of cards encountered vs forcing every single possible upgrade into every deck. But it's not really any different than playing old style console RPGs where you'd go from city to city and each time there'd be a new vendor with better stuff. You could go through some random encounters a little bit each time to buy some of that stuff OR you could obsessively farm encounters until you could buy every single item upgrade, every single time.

• Like 1

Oh I'm the same way, sort of. I ran Poison Pill exclusively with the starter characters to get the 10k needed for the add on pack and still haven't unlocked AP2. But if I were playing a more "for real" game (story mode), I'd probably just run each adventure once, barring failures. Playing with different cards in different games is partially what makes the game fun for me and a completely optimized game each time would be boring.

Oh I'm the same way, sort of. I ran Poison Pill exclusively with the starter characters to get the 10k needed for the add on pack and still haven't unlocked AP2. But if I were playing a more "for real" game (story mode), I'd probably just run each adventure once, barring failures. Playing with different cards in different games is partially what makes the game fun for me and a completely optimized game each time would be boring.

I spent hours bitchslapping the dragon to pony up the 5K for the 10+1 Treasure Chests and the Loot (I didn't know you could build your decks when I first started.... I went at it the hard way...