Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can't start quest mode

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

zarrick13

zarrick13

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts

I'm having the same issues with being unable to start a quest in quest mode.  After I choose party and difficulty it hangs on the loading screen.

One note to make, I went ahead and uninstalled/reinstalled the game.  When I loaded back up (which nuked all my local characters/parties/progress), I went immediately into quest mode (with no progress in Story Mode), selected a party of new adventurers and it let me into a quest.  Which I promptly failed because it only had 8 turns on the counter to make progress in 5 locations.  After that I tried for a second quest, got the hung loading screen again.  I reboot the phone, got in again, and got in to another quest (again with all of 8 turns), lost, tried to load a third quest, got stuck on loading screen and haven't been able to get back into a quest after four reboots.

Before I uninstalled I tried quest mode five times and got stuck at loading each time.  After reinstall I can seem to get in, but I have to reboot the game every time and going through the quest pops up all the newbie tool tips each time.  I have not tested what happens if I get some experienced characters in story mode and then try again to load up quest mode to see if it hangs like it was doing before the reinstall.  It feels an awful lot like there's some bad interaction going on between versions of characters for quest mode and story mode causing hangup issues.

Huntereste

Huntereste

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
Adding Samsung Galaxy S5, android 5.0 also unable to get quest mode to launch. Freeze in on loading screen.

StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • Steam:StormbringerGT
  • Xbox Gamertag:StormbringerGT
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

This will be fixed in the next update! Thanks!

1teamkiller1

1teamkiller1

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

When is the update coming?

Corpselocker

Corpselocker

The Obsidian Order Keeper of Corpses

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Yes... updates... my precious updates... need datezzsss...

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2307 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
When the update is ready it will take a quite a long time untill Apple store will approve it. Not sure about exact times it take, but there is reasonable big delay.

shaunbroyhill

shaunbroyhill

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

I too am wondering when this game breaking bug that has been "fixed" and will be in the next version will be pushed.  Since this prevents a large number of players from playing, they will eventually get tired of waiting and just go off to a different game.  I have finished the story mode that is available 3 times now, and have yet to play a single quest.  TBH, I'm one of those players that is soon going to a different game, uninstalling, and potentially disputing the charge on my Credit Card due to purchasing a non-working software.....

• 1teamkiller1 likes this

Tobold

Tobold

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 57 posts

As I understand it, the devs not only have to code a patched version, but they then have to submit that patch to Apple and go through a tedious bureaucratic process before the patch arrives at the end user. It isn't unusual to have to wait for 2 weeks for a patch.

I disagree that the software is "non-working". The story mode is working rather well, and is actually a very good replacement for playing the card game solo. As a "board game simulation" that works perfectly well, and can occupy you for hundreds of hours playing through the 13 scenarios at different difficulty levels and with groups of different sizes and compositions.

The quest mode is an attempt to make the game work more like a typical mobile game with permanent character progression. Even when that gets patched to work, I'm not sure that is the best way to play Pathfinder Adventures. I am also a bit wary of the fact that currently character progression is only saved locally and not in the cloud (your purchases and gold are saved in the cloud). I'm counting on buying a new iPad later this year, and as it is that would mean losing all character progression.

• Hannibal_PJV likes this

LunarWolf

LunarWolf

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 59 posts

The quest mode is an attempt to make the game work more like a typical mobile game with permanent character progression. Even when that gets patched to work, I'm not sure that is the best way to play Pathfinder Adventures. I am also a bit wary of the fact that currently character progression is only saved locally and not in the cloud (your purchases and gold are saved in the cloud). I'm counting on buying a new iPad later this year, and as it is that would mean losing all character progression.

While we only have the first two adventure decks, quest mode is really the only way to play PA. And given the way things have been going thus far, I'm losing a bit of faith that the rest of the adventure decks will be out anytime soon.

• Rein00 likes this

jtrowell

jtrowell

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Any hope than a patch might be released sooner for the android version ?

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2307 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Very possible the play store can get updated much quicker than Apple store.
It may even be usefull, so that the Android users will beta test new releases first :-)

Nathan Davis

Nathan Davis

Obsidian Alumni

• Members
  • 182 posts

We have a fix ready for the Quest Mode bug. We need to do some more testing with it and will put out an update soon.

Soon in this case = time to build and test + possibly repeating (potential revisions + time to build and test) + approval time. So, as soon as possible!

jtrowell

jtrowell

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Thanks for the answer Nathan.

Do you know per chance if there is new about season pass failing to unlock ? I tried everything mentionned here on the forums (and fixed the log in problem by doing a sync), but the bundle that I paid for unlocked nothing. I wrote to support as instructed but got no answer since. Is there a chance this next patch might fix that too ?

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2307 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
The one reason I can think is that the program wa not logged in when you did that purhases. Same as that you don't get gold if you Are not logged in. For you I would recommended to contact developers voit PM or email. They van fix it in the server side so that the pack is associated to you account.

I played tutorial and double checked that I was indeed checked in before purhaching the season pass. And I personally have had any problem with that. After I figured out how in each you can log in the game. That first part was the tracky one in my case. Because I was completely Locked down mangamestari Center account because it was so irritating by sending messages conserning the games I have in my tablet.
Summasummarun I Expect that your game was not logged in to your game account when you did your purhace, so only the team van help you to get it activated.

OnePercentZombie

OnePercentZombie

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Steam:onepercentzombie

I'm having the same issue on iPad Pro, every time I try to hit Quest mode it just stops on the loading screen. Have quit and restarted a few times.

Bneffer

Bneffer

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Steam:Bneffer
  • PSN Portable ID:Bneffer
  • Xbox Gamertag:Bigh2O
It worked today for me! I think an update yesterday fixed it. I'm on iPad 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users