I would like to witness some of famous flanking on Magrans Faithfull fight when u upscale WM 2 :)

Or u can cast phantom foes ,

Flanking bears in act 1 is nice but doesnt really matter , and in WM having 2 bodies on 1 enemy is luxury that most of the time means fight is already over

Haha, that's so unfair, upscaled Magrans Faithful are stupidly strong :D

I actually got them on my first try by accident, but reloaded the save because it was an obvious exploit of an obvious bug. Now I'm scared to even attempt them again, they nuked my entire party so hard, only the rogue survived due to the permanent invisibility bug. It then took a looooong time to murder them one by one (those druids took FOREVER), and at the end of it all, I realized they didn't even count as "human" for the Nightshroud soulbound upgrade. Talk about nasties.

Anyway regarding your last remark, if I can flank within the first five seconds on every fight I must be doing something right :p

I nearly always flank - doesn't matter how many foes there are. I always concentrate attacks on the few dangerous ones and ignore the rest. Because dead foes can't harm you. It's not very wise to go one on one all the time. Flanking not only applies "flanked", but also lets you benefit from some other possible things: Minor Threat, Stalker's Link, Coordinated Attacks, Marking, Coordinating, Vicious, Distracted and so on. It's also great if you - as a melee ranger - use a weapon with marking for your pet. Flanking + Stalker's Link + Marking + Merciless Companion is great. +30 ACC and +30% damage. +50% with Stalker's Torc. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

But that is just an example. Dual wielding rangers make sense because with Swift Aim and speedy weapons they can attack so fast (during the whole fight) it's not even funny. Combined with Stunning Shots and so on he's a very, very good single target dps/cc guy.

Wait, does Stunning Shots currently work with melee weapons? I read that it doesn't and that's part of the reason I've been avoiding using a ranger.

I find melee ranger more appealing because for a more caster heavy party since you can have two melee bodies for one party slot, but rangers seemed kind lackluster since their best stuff(like Stunning Shots) AFAIK doesn't work with melee weapons.

Plus I don't like respeccing to change modals as the game changes, I think ranged rangers have too many modals and different ones are good at different parts of the game. A melee ranger could just always use Swift Aim.

Yeah. But as it is now dual Bittercuts (+ Spirit of Decay) are wasted on a melee ranger. Rogues, Monks & Fighters on the other hand... ;)
When they fix Girdle of the Driving Wave you could at least have one Full Attack per encounter as a ranger.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods