I cant cheat :(

NoobersCheesyBear

Question

Using the cheat "skill <charname> <skill> <value>" works only once, right after the char is created. On relog my cheated stealth and mechanics is gone and i cant use the "skill" cheat again, it says: "Cant find object matching <charname>".

I gues some internal name identifier is changing once a char gets saved for the first time.

Im not sure if the cheatmode is a supported game mechanic in the sense of this forum, but id appriciate help anyway  :bow: 

4 answers to this question

Ok, i found (kind of) a solution for my problem:

As stated before my problem was that when i have created a new custom companion i was abled to use the "skill" command in the console in orde to adjust skills. After relogging the cheated skills were gone and even worse i couldnt cheat em again. When trying to use the skill command on any of the team members i recieved the message: Cant find object matching <charname>.

The following seems to work atm:

Adding skill on the player char (the main one): skill player <skillname> <value> (yep, just use player instead of char name)

Adding skills to companions is a bit more complicated:

1. find out the companion names: skill companion <skillname> 0

Here the game tells you that the attribute "companion" matches for several objects and it shows the list of names of the objects that do match for "companion" in the fighting message window. The unlocked companions that are currently not in the team do appear twice in this list - but they are not of interest here. The main point for me is that i can see the names of my dudes.  E.g. eder is named for me "Companion_eder(clone)_2", my custom dude has the name "companion_generic(clone)_1". Now the obvious part follows:

2. add skill points to my custom dude: skill companion_generic(clone)_1 <skillname> <skillvalue>

After relog the cheated skills get wiped again. But its still better than no cheat at all.

• Like 1

FindCharacter player will tell you which name your mc is. But I normally just use "skill player" and it works.

I recommend using the IE Mod if you want permanent skill changes and attribute changes on companions.

http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/1/?

The skill command in console, is a temporary bonus that gets removed on reload. It becomes permanent in IE mod.

Edited by Ymarsakar

Sounds related to this.

With one exception: AttributeScore was persistent prior to 3.0. While "Skill" wasn't even than. Edited by MaxQuest