Yenwood Field? Huh - where did you come from?

Hey!

I just tested a new build with the console and also used "unlockallmaps" to get to Elmshore. Suddenly a map called "Yenwood Fields" popped up. That's new. So what's this supposed to mean?

map_yenwood_field.png

yenwood_field.png

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

There's a fairly easy battle (for a lvl 12 party) and you will find a nice ring that gives +5 MIG, +5 RES and immunity to charm an dominated  (30 sec) once per stronghold turn. I think this stacks with Greater Frenzy and Wellspring of Life... I was just testing a Greater Frenzy + Wellspring of Life + Vengeful Defeat-build and now this. Whoohoo! :)

edit: nooo, it get's suppressed by Frenzy. :(

Edited by Boeroer

I imagine it'll be for the expansion, though that's not really saying much.

There's the sword Whisper's of Yenwood which is slightly cursed and has a bonus against spirits, so perhaps that'll be involved somehow. Looks like the sight of a battle, so perhaps there was a massacre involving spirits?

There's a fairly easy battle (for a lvl 12 party) and you will find a nice ring that gives +5 MIG, +5 RES and immunity to charm an dominated  (30 sec) once per stronghold turn. I think this stacks with Greater Frenzy and Wellspring of Life... I was just testing a Greater Frenzy + Wellspring of Life + Vengeful Defeat-build and now this. Whoohoo! :)

Wait, once per stronghold turn? So you can only use the ring once each stronghold turn? Are there other items that work that way currently?

It's part of the new Stronghold quest line from patch 3.0.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yeah - that much i figured by clicking through the dialogue that follwos the battle. Funny thing is: I did a playthrough with 3.0beta and official companions for the last days and didn't encounter this. Maybe I was in a hurry... ;)

^ IIRC in the current beta build you need to enable that quest via console if you want to go through it. Should be unlocked in the official release that drops tomorrow though.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus