Don't Make Shitty Games.

axelgreese

What I take offense to is console games that are ported to the PC. They suck at least 10 times as much as they did on the console as a result, regardless of base game quality. Recent example: the Xbox game DE2 (which Ion Storm still won't admit isn't great.... which gives me nightmares about thief 3, or 'thief deadly shadows' as the drones at eidos are calling it)

Hmm ... I think this thread looks like "Pc Rpgs Are Dying Or Dead" from "Gaming and RPG Discussion". So speak there about games made first on consoles and then "moved" to PC and how bad they are. So don't try cheating with making a lot of posts :p heh

saryian.gif

"We all live under the same sky ... but none of us have the same horizon"

Yeah I really hope that Obsidian will make good games but I also think that the games will be good as the company has so many good developers and so on. And writers. So I really wait for the games they will do. :)

As I can believe that they will be nice RPG's for pc. :(

PC RPG's haven't died and want be if it's up to me.

okey thats it.

thanks

This one's a given, Axel. I'm pretty sure the Obsidian boys have the very same thought on their minds.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

I think every developer does. But sometimes money/deadlines get in the way.

But yeah. Try not too add dumb romances, one type of gameplay, a comedy sidekick, datapads/journals, rats or a console port and it could be good

>*

Doubt Obsidian will ever make a crappy games... well i'm sure they wont make anything thats a huge pile a s**t. maybe a few but i'm also sure they'll soon be known to create some of the best games ever.

hmm.. eh.

What I take offense to is console games that are ported to the PC. They suck at least 10 times as much as they did on the console as a result, regardless of base game quality. Recent example: the Xbox game DE2 (which Ion Storm still won't admit isn't great.... which gives me nightmares about thief 3, or 'thief deadly shadows' as the drones at eidos are calling it)

Here, here.

If they destroy Thief 3...I'll....I'll....do something bad to them. :huh:

Don't know what though...

Suggestions?? (Help me out here! :) )

The current project by Obsidian is their first game, they surely want to make it as good as possible, since they need to establish themselves as respectable new game company.

Also, if they scew up the project, they also screwing Bioware...

Phoenix: I doubt BIo would be screwed as they already basically threw one of their small time co dveelopers in the trash can when it was apparant they failed to meet BIo's standards. SOU was supposed to be done by another company; but BIO landed up taking over and the other company got credit for animations, spell effects, and the cutscenes. LMAO BIO don't fool around.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Bio certainly fooled around for five years when they were making NWN.

Exitium

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

Does that change the fact that they wasted millions during the development and eventually came up with a half-assed toolset and not a game like everybody was hoping for?

Exitium