Speaking about high fantasy: In my opinion, magical effects could be toned done a lot. The bigger fights look like new years eve in Bangkok. Often there are so many red, green, blue and of course violet effects, that I can't see my characters.

Nooo! I think they hit the right spot in that department.

Well, maybe my years of Dota have affected me a bit, but I even thought they coul be more flashy I think the spell animations are just fine as they are right now! 

• Like 1

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

I wish hide armour similar to this exotic tribal style would be added to the game so my druid/shaman/witch doctor could look fancy and primal. It would make him very happy.

Obsidian, I'll give you a cookie.

tribal_II_big.jpg

tribal_I_big.jpg

I want this for my wild orlan ranger from the "fertile savanna" as well!

Make it happen!

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

What is an "exotic equipment" anyway?

It's more historical, geographical or completely unordinary or fictional origins.

Scepters, falchions, scimitars, katanas, chakrams, mauls, talons, scythes, kukri ...

Unordinary for whom? All those weapons you mentioned were normal common weapons. Except the scythe maybe. That u ed to be mostly a harvest tool :p

What is an "exotic equipment" anyway?

It's more historical, geographical or completely unordinary or fictional origins.

Scepters, falchions, scimitars, katanas, chakrams, mauls, talons, scythes, kukri ...

Unordinary for whom? All those weapons you mentioned were normal common weapons. Except the scythe maybe. That u ed to be mostly a harvest tool :p

D&D filed as 'Exotic' everything not from White People Land... and some other miscellany. 

D&D filed as 'Exotic' everything not from White People Land... and some other miscellany.

Yeah, it was a racist thing in Dungeons and Dragons! Please note the sarcasm. Look, exotic is a relative term. Having lived a number of years in the pacific rim in locations that most folks here would consider "exotic," I can tell you that there's nothing wrong with someone considering European cultural armor and weapons exotic. There's certainly no problem with people from Western cultures finding other things exotic. It's all about cultural reference.

Now, all this is without rancor. These days, with the internet, we call things exotic that are so ingrained in modern gaming culture that the term has lost all meaning.

• Like 1

bother?

What I meant with exotic was a comparison on what is usually shown in fantasy games.

Its not often you see the tribal/barbaric style armour thats sub-saharan africa inspired.

How it usually is when its barbaric/tribal: Germanic, Norse barbarian type, bear/wolf fur, big muscle types.

So yeah thats what I meant, exotic from a game point of view not from a real life point of view. Just saying, would be nice to have some armour inspired from other parts of the world(both game world and real life world) available somehow.

Maybe in an expansion(or PoE2) that includes the far east and is populated by jungle tribes inspired by the sub-saharan tribal societies and/or the aztec, maya and incas etc.

But I'm also a vain player, I like making my characters look good as well as a good story.

Anyway, "exotic" is a stupid word for 2016. Maybe "bizzare" or "unsual" is what we are looking for here, but this will have to align with the lore. It should be some kind of unique item or common items used in a remote place by few people.

Having in mind that Sawyer said that they'd like to do something more "strange yet familiar, as Amn was to Sword Coast", I think we'll see those bizzare items anyway :)

Still I want a foustanella and fez for my main :p

• 3 weeks later...