What would you do if you had unlimited time and money?

Heijoushin

"Turn"?

I've been an old one feeding off the insanity of promancers to grow stronger the entire time.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I would destroy you all. 

I would stop you with my army of trained coyotes.

Your army of trained coyotes is no match for my fully armed and operational battle-station!  You may fire when ready...

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

"Turn"?

I've been an old one feeding off the insanity of promancers to grow stronger the entire time.

Then why the hell do you need unlimited time and money then?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

"Turn"?

Who doesn't?

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

"Turn"?

I already have it.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Turn"?

I already have it.

You know it is pointless to keep this up if all you're going to do is keep using circular logic.

Speaking of Elder monsters, where is Nepenthe?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

"Turn"?

I already have it.

You know it is pointless to keep this up if all you're going to do is keep using circular logic.

Speaking of Elder monsters, where is Nepenthe?

Everything is pointless so you might as well do what makes you happy.

And Nep ended up becoming a deep one.

Elder gods are supposed to make you go crazy... so using circular logic and trying to convince you everything is pointless seems pretty Lovecraftian Eldritch Horror to me, Orogun. :)

I differ, every attempt to present the unknowable ends up being comically silly and thus it fails to grasp the nature of what it preaches. Eldritch horror is like poetry, it is not meant to be seen by logic but by feeling and emotion. That shiver in the back of the spine drowned by dizzying vertigo while your entire field of vision is filled by something monstrous until the very air near you seems to be possessed by it. That is what horror is, KP makes it sound like being an Elder and a NEET are interchangeable.

Although to be fair, Cthulhu doesn't do much really yet I can conceive that he would like japanese anime but then again he does have tentacles...such confusion.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

That is what horror is, KP makes it sound like being an Elder and a NEET are interchangeable.

They are. True terror is not witnessing a horrendous monster, it is realizing the horrendous monster is a person driven by self-interest.

That is what horror is, KP makes it sound like being an Elder and a NEET are interchangeable.

They are. True terror is not witnessing a horrendous monster, it is realizing the horrendous monster is a person driven by self-interest.

Nah, moral relativism just make villains likable.

The monster has to be an undesirable state not one that its understood and preferable.That's why vampires aren't scary anymore, people want to live forever and don't mind eating other people. Or at the very least the come up with excuses and alternatives as to how they would behave morally, without having the notion of how much their perspective would change. At least I hope it would, otherwise it means they are psychotic.

Also, as it has been explained time after time: Cosmic Horror is borne out of knowing your insignificance in the scale of the universe. It's like finding out that your dimensional plane is just the ant farm of some higher being.(That kid is doing a **** job BTW)

village_idiot.gif

Nah, moral relativism just make villains likable.

Or perhaps the villains were likeable but one was held back by misplaced morality. Why is the thief who does what pleases him less likeable than the detective who unquestionably serves against his material interests?

The monster has to be an undesirable state not one that its understood and preferable.That's why vampires aren't scary anymore, people want to live forever and don't mind eating other people. Or at the very least the come up with excuses and alternatives as to how they would behave morally, without having the notion of how much their perspective would change. At least I hope it would, otherwis,e it means they are psychotic.

How is becoming a mass of tentacles less desirable than becoming enslaved by repetition? Doomed to complete the same tasks everyday with no hope of escape while having one's will crushed until all that remains is an organic automation seems no more unappealing than becoming a bizarre creature.

Also, as it has been explained time after time: Cosmic Horror is borne out of knowing your insignificance in the scale of the universe. It's like finding out that your dimensional plane is just the ant farm of some higher being.(That kid is doing a **** job BTW)

Then the realization that the human life is a blink of the eye and you will be forgotten in two generations should suffice.

Or perhaps the villains were likeable but one was held back by misplaced morality. Why is the thief who does what pleases him less likeable than the detective who unquestionably serves against his material interests?

Depends on who he robs, Robin Hood and Lupin are popular but a fund manager that's involved in a Ponzi scheme is reviled by all.

How is becoming a mass of tentacles less desirable than becoming enslaved by repetition? Doomed to complete the same tasks everyday with no hope of escape while having one's will crushed until all that remains is an organic automation seems no more unappealing than becoming a bizarre creature.

Then learn to live off the wilderness and go wrestle bears or join the army or some ****, don't start spouting edgy bull just cause you like conformity but hate its boredom. Plus, I'm pretty sure that the Elder ones have an even more boring routine.

Then the realization that the human life is a blink of the eye and you will be forgotten in two generations should suffice.

Nah, we just focus on the small things we can do and the legacy we leave behind even if they won't know us by name.

village_idiot.gif

Depends on who he robs, Robin Hood and Lupin are popular but a fund manager that's involved in a Ponzi scheme is reviled by all.

You've never encountered an ancap it seems.

Regardless that isn't an answer. In most fiction we see the lawman is the hero while the outlaw is the villain. Why is it that we are meant to sympathize with those who support order and disapprove of those who oppose it?

Then learn to live off the wilderness and go wrestle bears or join the army or some ****, don't start spouting edgy bull just cause you like conformity but hate its boredom.

If I wanted to spout edgy bull**** I'd be complaining about jewish plots to cuck the white man or the vast cispatriarcal oppression of whatever to fuel the patriarchy. As it is, I despise both conformity and routine and as such spend my time celebrating myself as the unique one with everyone and everything existing as my property.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that the Elder ones have an even more boring routine.

Does this opinion come from your experience as an Elder One? If not how would you have an informed opinion on the unknowable?

Nah, we just focus on the small things we can do and the legacy we leave behind even if they won't know us by name.

What legacy is that? Genetic donors for offspring who will forget you? Building a monument to another entity's glory? Your life is meaningless in the grand scheme, a grain of sand in a vast desert. You might as well do what you enjoy rather than chain yourself due to false morality. Edited by KaineParker

@Kaine Parker

1-Considering the amount of heist films and how after the 2000's cop films are about bad cops; I don't know where you're getting the notion that the outlaw is the villain(in film)

2- Go back to tumblr with your uniqueness (btw I miss your cat avatar)

3- They don't really do much in the books other than sleep and just be there.

4- Family, creative accomplishments and your forum posts. All those things will be preserved for posterity.
Also; I probably wasn't clear when I said focus on the small things, I meant think small and don't look at the greater relevance of your actions. If it matters to someone nearby or even if its just you then it has value.

village_idiot.gif

1. Huh? The majority of media portrays cops, even renegade cops, as the heroes and thieves as the villains. Heist films are the exception and in those cases cops are corrupt and thieves have redeeming qualities that fit with much of common morality.

2. Tumblr doesn't like egoism because it categorizes identities as spooks, ie fictional illusions of the mind. Such a realization that they have built an identity based on fiction shocks them to their core and results in strange reactions. And I never had a cat avatar.

3. They are dreaming most of the time. Who is to say their dreams are an endless repetition?

4. All of those can be destroyed or forgotten. Why should I concern myself the value of my actions when I can do what pleases me instead?

4. All of those can be destroyed or forgotten. Why should I concern myself the value of my actions when I can do what pleases me instead?

Agreed.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Thread was at least a refreshing change from the usual discussions we have here.

Why ? What are the topics that you enjoy talking about?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

unlimited time suggests immortality, so we would likely invest our unlimited resources to discover a way to kill our self.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)