Getting it in the hole. Basketball 2K15-2K16

Leferd

"Dave Blatt got fired.  I guess going to the Finals in your first year and posting a 30-11 record is just not good enough these days."

LMAO Are you REALLY giving HIM credit for that? LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, LeBron was sitting on Blatt's chair for most of the fourth talking it up with Ty Lue. Blatt was pretty much forced to stand for most of the quarter during a 30+pt blowout.

FriendlyComplexIguanodon.gif

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

"Dave Blatt got fired.  I guess going to the Finals in your first year and posting a 30-11 record is just not good enough these days."

LMAO Are you REALLY giving HIM credit for that? LMAO

First off, I had a :p at the end of the sentence for a reason.

But realistically if he deserves no credit for their success, then why bother firing him?  Why rock the boat?

• Like 1

Based on reports I'm reading from Wojnarowski, Windhorst, and the Cleveland beat writers...Blatt had no control over the locker room. He had a poor grasp the NBA culture and treated his stars with kid gloves. Because of that, he was never able to earn LeBron's respect.

In hindsight, he probably should have taken the lead assistant job under Kerr last year to get his bearings first.

I'm convinced Blatt can take this as a learning experience and still be a good NBA head coach. There's probably going to be an assistant spot open with Golden State next year.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Next Monday: The Spurs.

110715_plank_1.jpeg

120-90.

Pop with some great postgame takes:

"We almost got 'em"

"I'm glad my general manager wasn't in my locker room or I might've gotten fired." The burn.

...Meanwhile, Blake Griffin broke his hand beating up a Clippers equipment staffer after an argument at a restaurant.

• Like 3

"I'm glad my general manager wasn't in my locker room or I might've gotten fired." The burn.

Told of that, (Spurs GM) R.C. Buford had his own line:  "We'll see how Wednesday goes."      :biggrin:      I call piling on ........    :grin:

• Like 2

It's funny but it shows how scummy SA actually is in their arrogance even when they get destroyed. I guess they are still REALLY butthurt over that Finals loss to Miami Lebrons :p

\

GS is TWO TIME TWO TIME TWO TIME CHAMPION IN A ROW!

• 2 weeks later...

Derek Fisher fired by the Knicks.

Welp. Looks like it's time for the Warriors to say goodbye to Luke Walton after this season. The Knicks job looks so much more appealing than the Lakers job.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Both sides will conduct their due diligence and explore what needs to happen to make it work. But ultimately the Warriors are going to have to pass.

They are the defending champs and on a record setting wins pace and are on the brink of creating a dynasty. Why break it up and risk breaking up this team by getting rid of key rotation guys and introducing a significant new variable?

• Like 1

Both sides will conduct their due diligence and explore what needs to happen to make it work. But ultimately the Warriors are going to have to pass.

They are the defending champs and on a record setting wins pace and are on the brink of creating a dynasty. Why break it up and risk breaking up this team by getting rid of key rotation guys and introducing a significant new variable?

Totally agree. One thing that makes the GSW what they are is good chemistry. A new player, even a positional upgrade can upset that.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

He'd be dumb to do that espicially if they win the championship again (99% chance). If they win nwith him.. well they should win. if they lose, he'd get all the blame for 'upsetting the applecart'. Either stay with Oklaham or go to another contender but not the obvious already best team in the league unless just want the championship win on yorur ecord. Too much to lose, imo.

It's the All Star Break. I'll go out on a limb and predict the Warriors will repeat as champions. Even though Nate Silver has the Dubs at only 50% to win the title.

Warriors 50%

Spurs 25%

Cavs 10%

Thunder 5%

Clippers 3%

Raptors 3%

Celtics 2%

Las Vegas Superbook has it as pretty much Evens for Golden State vs the field. Can't hedge there.

Warriors 10/11

Cavaliers 11/4

Spurs 7/2

Thunder 12/1

Clippers 20/1

Bulls 40/1

Hawks 40/1

Celtics 40/1

My All Star Break award picks:

MVP - Stephen Curry

ROY - Karl-Anthony Towns

COY - Brad Stevens

DPOY - Kawhi Leonard

MIP - Draymond Green

All-NBA First Team

Curry

Westbrook

Durant

LeBron

Kawhi

All-NBA Second Team

CP3

Jimmy Butler

PG-13

Draymond

Drummond

All-NBA Third Team

John Wall

Kyle Lowry

Paul Millsap

Chris Bosh

Boogie

First Team Defense

Jimmy Butler

Danny Green

Jae Crowder

Kawhi Leonard

Draymond Green

Second Team Defense

Avery Bradley

John Wall

PG-13

Andre Iguodala

Tim Duncan

All Rookie Team

Emmanuel Mudiay

Devin Booker

Karl-Anthony Towns

Jahlil Okafor

Kristaps Porzingis

• Like 1

Spurs and Thunder might be a pretty good bet at those odds.

Thompson doesnt make your 3rd NBA team list?

Yeah, the Thunder at 12/1 would be an easy call especially if hedging along with the Spurs at 7/2. But we all know it's dead money, especially if putting down 10/11 on the Warriors.

As much as I like Klay, he's still a third fiddle glorified 3 and D guy who doesn't grab boards or handle the ball much.

Can't leave off John Wall, another two way guard who's also putting up 20pts and 10ast. Hell, Harden is also off and he's averaging 28pts 6.3ast 7.0reb.

How the heck is Lebron not on the All Defense Team? LMAO Lebron should be All  Everything Team.

o37pqhi8q3pa8klyuvvq.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3iVpGw6_F0

I wouldn't rely on the BOO! and Olay! defensive tactic too often.

Oh please. 2 vids doesn't prove anything. Every player has those moments. I have no doubt you could pick the worst defender in the league and find some aseome defensive plays they made as well.. doesn't mean they deserve to be on it.

A) LeBron James' Defensive FG% is 51.4%

B) J.R. Smith's Defensive FG% is 49.2%

C) J.R. Smith guards better than LeBron James. 

A+B=C

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/defense/?sort=DEF_RIM_FG_PCT&dir=-1&Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&CF=MIN*G*20

• Like 1

L0L You are insane. First off, James likely guards the better players. The fact you think Smith is a better defend just shows how insane you are. L0L

I guess Shumpert should win DPOTY. LMAO

Edited by Volourn

Ok. Draymond Green and Kawhi Leonard roughly play the same position as LeBron and they regularly defends the best players -whether bigs, wings, or guards. By reputation, they are the two best defenders in the league.

Draymond's Defensive FG% is 42.9%

Kawhi is at 43.1%

Some others with stellar defensive reputations:

Bogut 42.2%

Duncan 46.1%

Ibaka 42.4%

Context matters and however you look at it, Lebron is getting burned defensively.

No. At least watch the games. Games are played on the court not  in stupid make believe stats. Again, according to you and your precious stats, Shumpert should be DPOTY. LMAO

Edited by Volourn

I watch plenty of games. And what I see is Lebron completely coasting on defense to the point that one of the reasons Blatt was fired was because of teammate resentment that he didn't call out LBJ for not playing D.