Getting it in the hole. Basketball 2K15-2K16

Leferd

The Grizz got a win over Portland tonight. Although it's a good thing an NBA game is 48 minutes long and not 49 or that might have gone the other way, They were gassed in the 4th period. On to Minnesota.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Kevin McHale got canned as Daryl Morey's hardwood spokesman.

Maybe for a team they takes so many triples, they should, you know, get some actual shooters?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

No! No this must not happen! This would be like Donald Trump winning the lottery http://www.sportingnews.com/nba-news/4661347-kevin-durant-warriors-free-agency-thunder-wizards-stephen-curry-golden-state

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

...these Warriors, man. Even from down 23 in L.A. against the Clippers...

They. Are. Relentless. 

giphy.gif

Unstoppable, Baby!

giphy.gif

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Wow.  I went to bed thinking this was finally the end.  I mean, they were down by 20, you can't realistically expect them to come back from that every time, against a decent team like the Clippers no less?

I apologize for doubting.  *bow down*

• Like 1

14-0.

The most destructive Break-The-Glass-In-Emergency 5-man lineup (Curry-Thompson-Iguodala, Barnes, Green) in the history of professional basketball is now a ridiculous +74 in 54 minutes this season.

Small-Ball-Death-Squad-BreakingT-v2.0.jp

They are averaging 157.0 pts per 100 possessions while just allowing 88.9 at a breakneck pace of 108.35 possessions per 48 minutes.

• Like 1

I love watching this Mavs team and it'll be a sad day once Rick and Dirk retire.

The way they're getting open shots for him is so simple its ridiculous. Either Dirk sets screens or he is coming off of them and 9 times out of 10, he has someone who is smaller guarding him. So yeah, no chance against Dirk.

And D-will is starting to look like the guy who used to play in Utah. Especially when I see him in the post. I mean, a tad slower but father time hits everyone. Except for Tim Duncan, that bastard... I don't know how he does it.

Edited by Inyourprime
  • Like 1

The commentators keep calling the Lakers the Generals.  Hard to argue with that.

LOL I read this, didn't get it, surfed over to ebay and 5 min later started laughing.

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

Dammit. I left my Draymomd Green bobblehead under my seat. I even arrived 2 hours early too...

• Like 1

Now the big question is what will happen first. Will the Sixers win or the Warriors lose?

GSW's has 3 of the next 4 on the road at Phoenix, Utah & Charlotte with a home game against the Kings in the middle.

The 76'ers have the next three on the road at Boston, Houston & Memphis before going home to face the Lakers. If they haven't won  by then that home game agains the Lakers is their best shot.

Although it is much harder to keep winning than it is to keep losing none of the next three teams should pose a significant challenge for the Warriors. As long as they don't beat themselves. Charlotte hoever is 6-1 at home and that figures to be a challenge for the Warriors. On the other side of the country and thhe end of a 4 games in 6 days. Sounds like GSW's first loss.

Philly has a harder row to hoe. Boston is mediocre which usually beats terrible. Ditto for Houston. Memphis has finially righted the ship and has beaten every team at home that doesn't have Stephan Curry on it. That leave LA.

GSW plays Charlotte on 12/2, Philly plays LA on 12/1. So my prediction is the 76'ers win BEFORE GSW loses.

Place your bets Gentlemen!

Thomas Sowell

It's a hard call but Golden State wants to get to 34-0 and win 73 games. Dubs are Vegas favorites in 64 of their remaining 66 games (dogs against the Spurs).

Philadelphia management is leading a full on tank charge led by Tank Commander Nik Stauskas (26.1min/g., 33.1fg% 27.9% 3fg% on 6.1 attempts/g) along with the Lakers for the Ben Simmons sweepstakes (16.2ppg 14.4rpg, 6.2asts, 53.4fg% 6'10" Aussie by way of LSU).

And Kobe. Man, it was so hard to watch him play basketball. But right now, he is the best Tank Commander in the world.

• Like 1

It's a hard call but Golden State wants to get to 34-0 and win 73 games. Dubs are Vegas favorites in 64 of their remaining 66 games (dogs against the Spurs).

Philadelphia management is leading a full on tank charge led by Tank Commander Nik Stauskas (26.1min/g., 33.1fg% 27.9% 3fg% on 6.1 attempts/g) along with the Lakers for the Ben Simmons sweepstakes (16.2ppg 14.4rpg, 6.2asts, 53.4fg% 6'10" Aussie by way of LSU).

And Kobe. Man, it was so hard to watch him play basketball. But right now, he is the best Tank Commander in the world.

Brooklyn isn't far behind the Lakers for ineptitude.  My favorite lottery scenario is Brooklyn getting the top pick which is unprotected (from the Pierce Garnet trade which has to be one of the greatest heists in history) and goes to Boston who take Simmons (a one and done at LSU) as their pick.  

• Like 1

Brooklyn isn't far behind the Lakers for ineptitude.  My favorite lottery scenario is Brooklyn getting the top pick which is unprotected (from the Pierce Garnet trade which has to be one of the greatest heists in history) and goes to Boston who take Simmons (a one and done at LSU) as their pick.  

Yup! This is comedy gold --and the great thing about it is that the Nets have absolutely no incentive to tank. They don't want to lose, yet they can't do anything about it. They're paying an astronomical luxury tax bill, are actually fighting to try to get out of the cellar, and will still lose their top pick to the Celtics (who  have somewhere around 3,000 first round picks over the next 5 years)!

• Like 1

Played around with Stat Muse this morning wanting to compare all time great offenses.

NBA.65e23bf88715c14304a17a973fd239b5.png

As of 11/29/15, the 15-16 Golden State Warriors are the greatest offensive team in the history of the NBA (as measured by Pts per 100 Posessions aka Offensive Rating).

Better than the Showtime Lakers. Better than the Bird-McHale-Parish Celtics. Better than the dual Three-Peat Jordan Bulls. 

Now the big question is what will happen first. Will the Sixers win or the Warriors lose?

GSW's has 3 of the next 4 on the road at Phoenix, Utah & Charlotte with a home game against the Kings in the middle.

The 76'ers have the next three on the road at Boston, Houston & Memphis before going home to face the Lakers. If they haven't won  by then that home game agains the Lakers is their best shot.

Although it is much harder to keep winning than it is to keep losing none of the next three teams should pose a significant challenge for the Warriors. As long as they don't beat themselves. Charlotte hoever is 6-1 at home and that figures to be a challenge for the Warriors. On the other side of the country and thhe end of a 4 games in 6 days. Sounds like GSW's first loss.

Philly has a harder row to hoe. Boston is mediocre which usually beats terrible. Ditto for Houston. Memphis has finially righted the ship and has beaten every team at home that doesn't have Stephan Curry on it. That leave LA.

GSW plays Charlotte on 12/2, Philly plays LA on 12/1. So my prediction is the 76'ers win BEFORE GSW loses.

Place your bets Gentlemen!

The 76ers can now thank Kobe and his 20 pts on 26 shots.

You keep on chucking, Kobe. Keep on chucking.

• Like 1

Holy crap! I called that! If the Warriors lose tonight I'm going to laugh.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell