Would users of IE Mod want a launcher?

This may be a strange place to post this kind of question, but many people here use IE Mod, and the Nexus community isn't too conducive to discussion.

The launcher I'm talking about is a simple application that lets you run PoE with or without mods. It automatically patches your game files for you (so for example if you're on Mac, you don't need to wait until we release for mac), backs up your original files, and keeps everything nice and tidy.

One possible feature is allowing you to patch game files using a patch meant for a different game version (e.g. you don't have to wait until we release IE Mod for version 2.00000001, but can just use the mod for version 2.0). Currently, using outdated mod files will just crash your game. There are some problems with this feature though, since it can result in much more subtle bugs.

It will also allow you to have more than one patch/mod. For example, right now we're playing around with modifying various abilities and adding new ones, but a mod that does this will probably not be part of IE Mod proper, but just depend on it, or maybe on some shared component. So it will be kind of like Elder Scrolls games with their mod managers, except that with things how they are right now in terms of modders, you'll have 3 mods tops :p

You can read a slightly technical overview here. It has some pictures.

Does this sound like a good idea? 

• Like 3

I haven't used the mod mostly because I don't care to have to reinstall the game if I don't want the mod. A launcher that can cycle between the mod and without would be a great way to try it out and see if it's for me :)

You don't need to re-install the game lol :)

you just need to back up 1 file and that's it. I've switched it on and off many times. It's just not the most convenient thing in the world.

I haven't used the mod mostly because I don't care to have to reinstall the game if I don't want the mod. A launcher that can cycle between the mod and without would be a great way to try it out and see if it's for me :)

You don't need to re-install the game lol :)

you just need to back up 1 file and that's it. I've switched it on and off many times. It's just not the most convenient thing in the world.

Ah, it was my impression that this mod was like Long War from XCOM in that it replaces a ton of content with modded versions, and the only way to get rid of the mod is basically a reinstall of the game.

Yes from me as well. It would be a kickass feature :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus