GOG: Two 2.01 patches? Which to use?

zeech

Question

Hi, on GOG I see there's a 2.01 patch for White March (175 MB) and a 2.01 patch for the base game (77 MB).

Which do we use?

I have White March, so do I just installed the 175MB White March one?   Or do I need to install both?

13 answers to this question

Well, After reading some people have trouble with manually updating the game, I have done some experiments.

It looks, that the correct gog manual installation is running first the PoE 2.01 patch, and the running Winter March 2.01 patch.

After this procedure, the game after launch correctly shows the version of the game as 2.01.0721 PX1

If you are using GOG galaxy as well, turn off autoupdate for PoE, despite being at correct version, Galaxy still wants to redownload whole 6GB of patches again!!!

I hope this helps...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Well, After reading some people have trouble with manually updating the game, I have done some experiments.

It looks, that the correct gog manual installation is running first the PoE 2.01 patch, and the running Winter March 2.01 patch.

After this procedure, the game after launch correctly shows the version of the game as 2.01.0721 PX1

If you are using GOG galaxy as well, turn off autoupdate for PoE, despite being at correct version, Galaxy still wants to redownload whole 6GB of patches again!!!

I hope this helps...

The opposite worked for me. I installed the white march 2.01 first, went in game and saw the text was still blurry and the version was still on 2.0 so I loaded up the 2.01 standard patch and it let me install that and the game now shows as 2.01.0721 PX1. Guessing it works as long as you put both in. Started a new game and a complete new install though so I might not have glitches others will have.

Edited by Dinky Dino

Mine didn't get stuck in a continues update loop after it fixed the patching.

But yea, something's messy there :)

✔ Certified Bat Food

Like Dinky Dino, I installed the WM 2.01 patch first but the game had not updated. Launched the PoE 2.01 patch but the installer only needed 33MB of disk space... Still, game is now patched to 2.01.0721 PX1 and gameplay has not suffered any major issues.

I went with the WM-patch first, then the other one and that seemed to work fine.

But now I noticed the Gauns-Share-Draining-Enchantment is still disappearing (in a new game started with this patch). Is this still broken, despite what the patch log says, or could that really be caused by wrong patching order or generally broken gog-patches?

I went with the WM-patch first, then the other one and that seemed to work fine.

But now I noticed the Gauns-Share-Draining-Enchantment is still disappearing (in a new game started with this patch). Is this still broken, despite what the patch log says, or could that really be caused by wrong patching order or generally broken gog-patches?

Still broken. People on steam verified the files and still have the bug see second page of this thread

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81573-draining-enchantments-disappear-upon-saving-bug/page-2?hl=gaun

2.01 seems to have introduced quite a lot of new bugs.

Still broken. People on steam verified the files and still have the bug see second page of this thread

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81573-draining-enchantments-disappear-upon-saving-bug/page-2?hl=gaun

2.01 seems to have introduced quite a lot of new bugs.

What a pity!

So now they have to get out the next patch as quickly as possible and don't rush it this time.

2.01 is pretty buggy. They didn't test it long enough or maybe the person they used to fix the previous bugs introduced some overly burning code that interfered with the database of X.

I speculate or surmise that their experienced coders are working on White march part 2.

Edited by Ymarsakar