Draining enchantments disappear upon saving [bug]

Sylverlock

Question

I've picked up two weapons with the unique "draining" enchantment in my short time playing the game (first character). Both have had their draining quality disappear from them.

The first came on Gaun's Share (and I see there are other bug reports about that weapon). I didn't notice when this first occurred but on loading some old saves, every save where I had the weapon in my possession the draining enchantment was missing.  The second weapon where this happened is on Oidhreacht.  ​I just looted the Spider Queen and happily equipped Oidreacht to my rogue and did a quick save and then closed the game. Upon returning I noticed that my shiny new weapon was a LOT less shiny. This is when I checked up on Gaun's Share and first noticed it had been altered as well. I verified the integrity of my game files through Steam at this point but everything checked out.

Linked are my system specs, output log, and the quick save taken seconds after equipping the (then) fully functioning Oidreacht.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eg0pbr01r7r7ngl/AACZ3tjNQKY9j90TyzHWvJ8qa?dl=0

Hi,

this is a known bug and will be fixed in an upcoming patch :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Officially, none that I know of.

Unofficially, chances are the fix will be in this week's patch (it is quite a glaring bug and it's been known since the day TWM released.)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hello all.  As AndreaColombo has mentioned this is fixed internally and will be available in a patch very soon.  There is no ETA that I officially know of, but it will be happening very soon.  Thanks for your support and patience during this issue.

• Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello all.  As AndreaColombo has mentioned this is fixed internally and will be available in a patch very soon.  There is no ETA that I officially know of, but it will be happening very soon.  Thanks for your support and patience during this issue.

Out of curiosity, will this be a retroactive fix? Will existing saves with the broken weapons be corrected providing they are in their original state? Or will we have to start over again?

I'm a little confused here. Is the bug that the weapons are losing the Draining effect that they're supposed to have, or is it that they're showing the Draining effect when it's not supposed to be there? In both the games I've been playing since 2.0/TWM I've had both those weapons in my inventory already, and the Draining effect has been replaced with this other effect (steal duration and accuracy, don't remember what it's called).

*Huge deep sigh*

Another gamebreaking bug.

I just downloaded the beta patch, i sure hope its fixed so i can finally play TMW.

I am very disappointed in you obsidian. the constant bug riddle experience im having has made me question ever backing you or playing your games again

You have an extremely strange definition of what constitutes "gamebreaking".

*Huge deep sigh*

Another gamebreaking bug.

I just downloaded the beta patch, i sure hope its fixed so i can finally play TMW.

I am very disappointed in you obsidian. the constant bug riddle experience im having has made me question ever backing you or playing your games again

You have an extremely strange definition of what constitutes "gamebreaking".

When my character on TOI wins because lay on hands is over 2k in healing its breaks my game. There is no point in playing with such bugs.

When my character dies and my save gets deleted because drains on weapons are suddenly gone or many other bugs it again breaks the game.

My definition of gamebreaking is perfect.

Just loaded 2.01 and while I can't comment on newly dropped items with the draining enchantment on them, I can say that the change was NOT retroactive. My versions of Gaun's Share and Oidhreacht which were stripped of the draining enchantment prior to 2.01 remain unchanged after 2.01.

Just loaded 2.01 and while I can't comment on newly dropped items with the draining enchantment on them, I can say that the change was NOT retroactive. My versions of Gaun's Share and Oidhreacht which were stripped of the draining enchantment prior to 2.01 remain unchanged after 2.01.

Mine were retroactively changed (Gaun's Share, Oidreacht, et al), and I've seen them proc. So it is definitely working for some of us.

Just wanted to say that the weapons enchantment "draining" has not been re-applied to my weapons with the 2.01 patch.  Nor was it applied with the 2.01 beta.  I actually am running a clean install on a new computer with the release of 2.01 and all weapons that had that enchantment are still nerfed.  

This still happening to anyone else?

Thanks for any help.

Hello everyone,

I have checked multiple community saves and saw that they were retroactive. Please make sure that your steam game is up-to-date and perform a verify game cache. In your steam library, right-click Pillars of eternity > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

If the problem still occurs, please upload a save file and an output log via dropbox so I can take a look.

Thank you for your support!

This just happened to me as well.  I had been playing 2.00 just fine with draining working on my weapons.

I installed the 2.01 patch and now all my draining is gone.  Very frustrating.  I was hoping to find a fix somehow on the forum.

I really wish it weren't the case but even after verifying the file integrity through steam I'm still having the same issues.

Saved game (items are equipped on character #3):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvk50udjt4uni0m/84e63f4e14fa44ffb518a0ea818ca7c2%209837137%20FirstFires.savegame?dl=0

Output:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jk02pmtf7nbdpp/output_log.txt?dl=0

Screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qush0g3habjb6su/Screenshot%202015-09-05%2000.36.51.png?dl=0

Just as a side note, I really appreciate the devs' efforts to squash all the bugs. Keep up the good work!

Okay, found a workaround, but it disables achievements. Yeah, I'm talking about using the console commands to add the fixed items to inventory.

Open console by pressing (~)

type in Iroll20s to enable cheats

then type in AddItem <itemname> 1

The item names are in the folder PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle where PoE is installed. 

I feel a little annoyed that I'm going to be considered a cheater and achievements are disabled to fix a bug, but I'll get over it. While I'm at it will consider refunding all the money I  had spent on retraining my character over and over again, haha.

Get the IE Mod and you'll be able to cheat without disabling achievements.

You can uninstall it afterward, but why would you? It's pretty rad. :D