Corusant in KOTOR II?

There's a reason they say "KNOWN." They specifcally use this word to say only that most other Jedi are dead OR in hiding. We know Krea is a Jedi or at least a powerful force user and is on the first level of the game so that, sole Jedi survivor stuff is already debunked. Probably the council remains on Coruscant but is in hiding and you must seek them out. Probably before the Sith Lords find them.

Exactly. There could be still remanants of Jedi on the Counsil at Corusant.

I follow you, but wouldn't it be too dangerous to hide on coruscant? wouldn't they be scattered around in the galaxy making it harder for the Sith to find them?

just a thought

Actually, the pictures Tyrell posted look more like Nar Shadaa, the Smuggler's Moon than what I've seen of Coruscant. Which would make a bit more sense, considering that Nar Shadaa is a colonized sattellite of Nal Hutta, which IS an Outer Rim world. :rolleyes:

Like I said, its too early to tell, but once more info is leaked. We'll soon know for sure.

Actually, the pictures Tyrell posted look more like Nar Shadaa, the Smuggler's Moon than what I've seen of Coruscant.  Which would make a bit more sense, considering that Nar Shadaa is a colonized sattellite of Nal Hutta, which IS an Outer Rim world.  :rolleyes:

Like I said, its too early to tell, but once more info is leaked. We'll soon know for sure.

Ditto, Im just pointing out that from what I've seen, it looks more similar to Nar Shadaa than Coruscant, and that would fit in with the plot being in the Rim Worlds better anyway. :lol:

The planet that's beneath that fleet battle looks similar to Nal Hutta as well. Extremely thick humid atmosphere...jungle like/highly forested. Of course it could be Telos as well....though I would expect it to look more battle ravaged even from space. <_<

ship.jpg

Yes, you are right, with those images it doesn't really prove much. I mean, it could just be another Taris-like planet. But from what I believe, it could be Corusant.

feh.

coruscant. taris. trantor. bladerunner. mega city one. the fifth element.

you seen one futuristic cityscape, you seen em all.

dumber than a bag of hammers

One can say that it is Coruscant, because the devs haven't denied that it would be in KotOR II. On the other hand they haven't replied on whether Yavin, Endor, Hoth or Calimari is present either.

I do hope that they include Coruscant however, but it might be a part from Telos that has gone trough a severe re-buildup since Malak carpetbombed the surface to Oblivion.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

One can say that it is Coruscant, because the devs haven't denied that it would be in KotOR II. On the other hand they haven't replied on whether Yavin, Endor, Hoth or Calimari is present either.

I do hope that they include Coruscant however, but it might be a part from Telos that has gone trough a severe re-buildup since Malak carpetbombed the surface to Oblivion.

This is true, especially considering that Malak bombed it what? Five, Ten years before the first KotOR, and if you give it a generous amount of time, the first one's events could have taken up to six months to play out....plus five....yeah, that definitely could have been part of Telos.

Has Coruscant really been around for over 4000 years then? Seems to me that it simply is a "lookalike" city to give the Star Wars lovers something familiar to them. I might be wrong since I'm not too well read on the SW mythos...

I hope it's Coruscant but there's no way to tell from those shots. They do look very similar tho. If they don't include familiar locations (like Jedi Council or Galactic senate) any city planet is the same. I'd hate for Coruscant to be another Taris.

Here is the official information on Corusant from Starwars.com:

_______

Situated in the heart of the galaxy, Coruscant was the seat of government for the Galactic Republic and the Empire that supplanted it. Over thousands of years of civilization, the planet has been entirely enveloped by cityscapes and urban sprawl. Immense skyscrapers reach high into the atmosphere, and stretch down deep into the dark shadows. Crisscrossing the skyline are streams of unending repulsorlift traffic. Even in the depths of night, Coruscant is alive with glittering lights and rivers of traffic, a bustling megalopolis that refuses to sleep.

Some of the most important decisions, affecting the lives of trillions, have been made on Coruscant. It has long been the center of government, and the site of residence for the galaxy's Supreme Chancellor. From a towering high-rise overlooking a gleaming range of mountainous edifices, rulers such as Valorum and Palpatine have carefully plotted the future of the Republic.

Though the Chancellor steered the government, issues were ultimately settled in the cavernous rotunda of the Galactic Senate. Thousands of Senators and galactic representatives from the far-flung worlds of the Republic would debate pressing issues and push forward countless agendas.

As Coruscant was the center-point for decisions affecting the massive engines of commerce in the galaxy, it was also a nexus of graft and corruption. Vast fortunes were spent to ensure that corporations were allowed to operate without profit-stunting restrictions. Entities such as the Trade Federation and the Commerce Guild held incredible sway over the inner workings of Coruscant politics.

Removed from this corruption and encased in a gleaming tower was the Jedi High Council. Coruscant was home to the Jedi Temple, and the august order was answerable to the Supreme Chancellor himself.

A quite different world exists beneath the shimmering surface of the city-planet. In the lower levels, where sunlight never reaches, is a haze of artificial lights and flickering holograms, promising entertainment catering to a myriad of alien species and the full spectrum of morality. Citizens from above and below intermix in countless establishments offering escape, anonymity, jubilation and more than just a hint of danger.

Has Coruscant really been around for over 4000 years then?

Its been around for over 20,000 years.

Drakkon, what's the name of that cartoon ?!? (that dancing girl).

I remember that one from when i was a kid, it's been ages since the last time i saw it... :ph34r: