weapon causes weapon name as effect

Madscientist

Question

5 answers to this question

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6boqfjo5b2euno7/0ee25d71d5054a4a9a9e289f647ae6a9%2014233105%20BezirkUlmenkap.savegame?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yegh0keuta54vlj/output_log.txt?dl=0

Lots of things happened between the picture and this save. But I don´t have an older one.

I have enchanted the weapon in the meantime.

If nothing has changed, the effect should happen every time you hit an enemy with this weapon.

Pretty sure its intended it just names the effect the name of the weapon.  Been like that since day one although maybe it is a bug? Don't know what the Developers are looking for.

Have gun will travel.

I was not sure if this is a bug, thats why I posted it here.

I have the feeling that you should see "Char a hits enemy b for c damage and causes status effect d."

instead of "Char a hits enemy b for c damage and causes weapon name."

Thats how it is done for many other weapons (like those who cause knock down)

The only exception would be if the weapon has a unique effect (the status effect does not exist on another item and it cannot be caused by any spell or ability)

Things with a description like this

Dagger of painful death:

Hits may cause the curse of painful death.

curse of painful death = The victim gets x corrosive damage over y seconds. While the curse is active the victim must make a saving throw agains fortitude every 2 seconds.

When it fails the victim loses permanently 1 point constitution.

But my feeling is not the base for game design of POE.

Edit: Forget the example. Even then a hit should cause "curse of painful death" and not "dagger of painful dath".

Maybe if both item name and effect name would be "painful death" it could work. But I would consider that bad writing.

Edited by Madscientist