A comment about (developer) comments

I play the game again with developer comments on, but I do not like the way it has been done.

You do not know when a comment comes and when it comes it can be interrupted by combat or if you leave the area accidentaly. (You can click to exit the area and while your chars go there a comment suddenly starts.) I did not find a way to repeat the comments in case I did not understand something.

I really like the fact that there are those commentaries. In all other games with those comments I have played, there is an icon in the game world and when you activate it you can hear the comment as often as you like. Sure, a comment icon in the game world is immersion breaking. But thats what those comments are anyway.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I really love the developer commentary! It's nice to appreciate the thought, time, blood-sweat-and-tears that went into each location.

I kinda wish there was more of it in other screens, too, like unique item tooltips, each new level of each class, first time a completed quest is selected in the journal, etc. ☺️

Do the developer comments cut out before finishing for anyone else?

Most of the time they're fine, but sometimes they cut off early. And a couple of times they've gone about halfway through and then started up again from the beginning.

I really love the developer commentary! It's nice to appreciate the thought, time, blood-sweat-and-tears that went into each location.

I kinda wish there was more of it in other screens, too, like unique item tooltips, each new level of each class, first time a completed quest is selected in the journal, etc. ☺️

Got nothing to do with loving comments but everything with starting at inappropriate moments. I had several starting just when getting into a fight. So it would have been better if you could manually trigger them and listen at your leisure.

If you've got the fast-mode active (like you just ran across a map and now entered a new one) it gives the comments too little time to finish - weird but true.

Make sure you are at normal speed before entering any new area and wait til the commentary finishes.

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: