Fragments of a scattered faith bug

OverDrone

Question

Hello All!

I've experienced a bug with subj quest. 

I have the latest steam version 1.5

Steps to reproduce:

1. progress in quest until (including) seek out the saint's war field with Eder

2. remove Eder from party (actually all standard npc, but I think it doesn't matter)

3. Go to quest item (readceran standard piece) location, pick it up

4. Add Eder, Grieving mother to party, goto quest item location again

result: Eder doesn't want to speak with me about quest item. Dialog doesn't appear automatically.

expected result: Eder starts dialogue and quest goes further

I can't drop the item and pick it up again, because you can't drop anything, especially quest items.

I bet the script that triggers this dialogue is bound to pick up event.

Instead it should be bound to "party has item"+"Eder in party". At least in old Infinity engine there were such options.

I hope there is a state variable and some console command that could fix my savegame.

btw does somebody know of any editor which could show game scripts?

I usually reverse engineered quest bugs and fixed them myself via console for baldur's gate.

• Like 2

25 answers to this question

I'm experiencing the same bug, and I just can't bring myself to disable achievements (I'm a compulsive completionist).

Please, fix this bug!

Sorry for necroing an old thread. It won't happen again.

• Like 1

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! Apart from pain... and maybe humiliation. And obviously death and failure. But apart from fear, pain, humiliation, failure, the unknown and death, we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

Since this is Eder's quest the game basically requires he is in your party when you find the metal standard.  This is also true of Hirivias' quest as he has to be the one to fight his counterpart on Burial Isle.  You just can't do it for them.

I'm experiencing the same bug, and I just can't bring myself to disable achievements (I'm a compulsive completionist).

Please, fix this bug!

Sorry for necroing an old thread. It won't happen again.

Same bug on latest version 1.06.0591. Same reason not to use console =)

Please, fix this.

P.S.: As far as I know this can block some other quest =(

P.P.S.: Does anybody reads this topic (except players)? ;)

I just encountered this situation.  I can upload what you need, but I'm unsure as to where I find the files you require.  I haven't done a whole lot of poking around in my game directory, or hunting for the save files.

Let me know where to find them, and I can get you what you require.

I have placed the files here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9izj35v80t5q2m3/AABYKX14U5LvnlA60RI4MW-Ra?dl=0

My first time using DropBox to place stuff, so I hope I got it right.

The saves are, unfortunately, a good bit after I created the issue.  But the problem is that I found the Readceran Standard Piece w/o Eder in my party.  And now I cannot initiate the dialogue that should go along with the piece.  That's why, in my latest save, I'm at Cliban Rilag.  This is when I discovered I cannot proceed.  Also, the bounty that should be here, is not.

Thanks for the hard work.

Hey everyone,

Apologies for the late response, does anyone have a save file and output log they could upload via dropbox so I can take a look at this issue?

Thank you for your patience.

I too have this problem, would you like my save file as well.

Hey Karlaws,

That will not be necessary, we are already aware of this issue as I have put a bug into our database.

Thank you very much! 

Okay, thanks for the response I appreciated it. Hope it gets fixed soon :)

Bump!

Will this bug ever be fixed? I mean, we are three months later, and I still cannot finish this damn quest. Not because Eder wasn't in my party when I picked the item, but because I got there before I completed the previous stage of the quest.

Hello Edrin,

This has been fixed awhile back. If the problem is not retroactive, please upload a save file and an output log via dropbox (or any other cloud storage app) so I can take a look.

Thank you for your support. 

I am playing version 2.03.0788-steam and am experiencing the same issue. I was at this location before and i suspecdt i did not have Eder with me, but for certain i did not have his quest to the point where he needs to search the saint's war area.

I have uploaded the files to dropbox, here is the link to the folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jzkbwfsiq0kttql/AAANc94CGjW6eAjLqmncPBAUa?dl=0

Hello Bazzek,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for looking up the issue before making a new post! I loaded up your save and I was able to loot the quest item. Please verify your game cache in steam and see if that fixes it for you. Steam library > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Thanks!

So, after I originally hit this bug I took a break from the game, and am coming back to it now.  I CAN (and have) managed to get the bounty encounter.  But, I still am unable to progress any further with Fragments of a Scattered Faith.

Is there some way to trigger Eder's conversation about the Readceran Standard Piece, even though I've already got it in my inventory?

Thanks.

Hey figuer_04,

I have entered a bug that the quest has not updated even though you have the item in your quest stash. In the mean time, if you are not opposed from using cheats, you can type "additem quest_item_eder_standard_piece 1" (without quotes) in the console command and it will trigger the quest. However, this will disable you from gaining achievements.

Hope that helps!

Figuer - I put in a retro fix for this. Will be in the next patch, assuming it passes QA. For you or anybody else who has the object in their inventory, but did not get the conversation with Eder that was supposed to happen when you acquired it, if you inspect the item in your inventory (Eder needs to be in the party, too), the conversation will automatically trigger.