What's bigger Star Forge or Death Star

the star forge feeds off the power of the star in order to produce ships and such.......btw which do u think is the most effective? death star or star forge?

personally i think the star forge cos unless the entire republic fleet was anchored on a single planet the death star would have difficulty destroying the republic...yet the star forge can produce ships that can destroy planets (eg.taris) and annihilate the republic fleet....i suppose the only problem is finding ppl to operate the ships...which makes me wonder on the DS ending there were atleast a thousand capitol ships there if not more so where would you find so many sith to operate them all?

makes you think doesnt it..... and also revan must have been in one of them and if so then his new apprentice could easily pull a malak and destroy it.........................sorry if im annoying u its just not right...

unfortunately, we have no tech data about the star forge (DS spans 120Km in diameter). anyway, i'd say the death star is bigger. and much more powerful. as a proof, the SF was destroyed by mere firepower, while the DS required rebels to make its very reactor core to explode.

-cheers-

It's hard to judge on size alone, mass is more important.

The star forge had a huge ammount of empty space for it's finished ships to fly in.

Part of the Death Star was empty space as well- the power core for example was in a big empty cavern.

And why oh why did the emperor design his throne-room with a big pit in the middle of it? :p

It was an accident waiting to happen, sooner or later someone would have fallen (or be thrown :) ) down it.

And why does Lucas always have his people fight near a huge hole-

TPM-Maul and Obi-wan fight near a huge hole that served no apparant purpose

ESB-Luke and Vader fight in that huge center hole that Luke jumps down.

Are the interior designers of the future that ignorant of health and safety :)

TPM-Maul and Obi-wan fight near a huge hole that served no apparant reason

Are the interior designers of the future that ignorant of health and safety  :p

It's for dramatics.

And it's not so much ignorant of health & safety; it's just that you generally don't have two (or more) lightsaber-wielding duelists near them.

TPM-Maul and Obi-wan fight near a huge hole that served no apparant reason

Are the interior designers of the future that ignorant of health and safety  :)

It's for dramatics.

And it's not so much ignorant of health & safety; it's just that you generally don't have two (or more) lightsaber-wielding duelists near them.

And Luke fighting Darth Vader in ESB was on the death star wasnt it?

And I cant really see health and safety a top priority for 2 sith lords :p

This last question brings back memories of galaxy quest. LOL. Why forcefields, why giant holes, why everything, it's simply apart of the set created for drama and better battles. Though it doesn't completely excuse the random giant gaping holes that seem to pop up everywhere. Why put ur thrown room next to the reactor shaft...

First off as a reply to Stoo's comment, the only reason it was destroyed was because at the time it using the orbital stabilizers to maintain a safe distance from the corona. Had it been in full battle dreadnaught mode, the republic wouldn't have had a chance. It could simply ram through them like bugs on a windshield. But malak was an idiot and without anyone running the starforge (u killed most of malaks officers, then malak who was controling it directly and thus the systems were not given the order to turn into dreadnaught mode) Bastilas battle mediation was simply helping the sith expend less resources on wiping out the republic fleet.

quote: 'And Luke fighting Darth Vader in ESB was on the death star wasnt it?'

Bespin, aka Cloud City, that was the place.

Beside, I agree with the fact that Sith Lords couldn't care less about shafts, pits, reactors or where their throne room is. The DS (the two of them) mainly is a weapon (of VERY large masses destruction), so it doesn't really cope with comfort and such.

IMO, I'd love to host a reactor shaft in my own throne room.

-cheers-

And Luke fighting Darth Vader in ESB was on the death star wasnt it?

Empire Strikes Back- the fight inside cloud city, where Luke got his hand cut off.

Bah s*%& you mean I was wrong :) oh well never mind I think I was about 12 the last time I saw the old trilogy :p

You may not necessarily be wrong.........

There's only another month (more or less) untill the new edition dvd comes out. And the way Lucas has totally mixed up the trilogy I really wouldn't be suprized if the Death Star ended up in ESB.

We shall see.......

Anyone else notice that when the second death star was blown up the rebels seemed to have more capital ships than they started out with.

When the milenium falcon flies away you see the backs of many capital ships.

Whats going on :rolleyes:

And why didn't the imperial fleet which still outnumbered the rebels carry on the attack and destroy the rebels? Where did they go? Did they just fly off?

Meanest Guest: that applies to the 1st DS, but not to the 2nd. In the battle of Endor, the Rebellion disposed of its fleet, but had nonetheless to send in the Falcon along with some starfighters, after the shield generator was disabled by the commando squad on the planet surface. This meaning that the whole Rebel fleet couldn't have destroyed an unshielded DS.

OrganisedChaos: what the Imperial fleet has been doing in that battle is still a mistery to me, since it could have wiped out the Rebel fleet in a jiffy.

Possibly, they all were too shocked for the loss of their beloved leader(s), or the very destruction of what they thought invincible drove them crazy with anguish and despair, thus being unable to carry on an effective attack on the Rebel fleet.

anyways, DS owns j00 all! :]

leaving this OT subject, i still think the DS is bigger than the SF.

on what grounds do u think the deathstar is bigger, and as for why the republic defeated it, read my above post, had malak not been an idiot and had set it up in dreadnaught mode the star forge would heave never been destroyed, it took a star to destroy it, the republic simply destroyed the stabilizers holding it implace, thus dropping it into the star

actually, it is just an impression of mine, that DS is bigger. i really have no concrete proof. :]

the only thing i could say, is that i don't think it would be nice for the movies if something existed bigger and more dreadful than the DS.

-cheers-

Don't get too proud of this technological terror you have constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

Darth Vader

Don't get to proud of this technological menace you have found. The ability to create a hideously gigantic fleet of capital warships and fighters, is insignificant to the power of the force.

-The Jedi High Council

Your all clear kid, now lets blow this thing and go home!

Han Solo

However this thing turns out I'm your man to the end.

Canderous Ordo

the death star is bigger, at least its weaponry is, the death star could waste the star forge.

anyway could in your oppinion, the star forge move, or was it stationary, the death star could move. :p;):):o:o:o:o

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

I don't think the star forge could move because it was attached to a star wasn't it?

:p;)

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

actually, i can't get what that mentioned 'dreadnaught mode' is... i can't recall hearing of this in the game, but i've gone through the game just once as now, so i might have missed some line of speech.