[1.05] half speed mode randomly disables and re-enables

thelee

Question

Just had this happen in my first post-1.05 fight (Bounty for the Captain Maramar [or whatever]).

I have no idea what triggered it, but all of a sudden the entire fight started going in normal speed, even though the half-speed button was enabled. Curiously, the "half speed" text that normally displays had disappeared. I tried toggling the half-speed button to see if that would help, but nope.

At some point in the fight, the half speed resumed.

I'd provide a save, but I have no idea what happened. My best guess is some spell or effect that I triggered broke half speed mode, and when it wore off half speed resumed. But I can't imagine what that could be?

And c'mon, Obsidian. I realize making a game is hard work, but this feels like a pretty weird regression.

4 answers to this question

1.05 introduced Auto-Slow on Combat. Go into your settings. Turn it off. Post an update if that doesn't resolve the problem.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

1.05 introduced Auto-Slow on Combat. Go into your settings. Turn it off. Post an update if that doesn't resolve the problem.

You misunderstand?

Auto-slow in combat has always existed. I always have it on.

The problem is that it was on, and then randomly in combat it disabled (it didn't flip off, the button was still highlighted), and then re-enabled at some point later.