Godlikes, Reproduction, and Gilded Vale entry

So i've just started a play through with a fire godlike Cipher, and just hit Gilded Vale...

Now my understanding is that it's common world knowledge that godlikes can't reproduce...

So i'm standing there, head basically on fire...  I have flames coming out of my head...

And one of the first questions I get asked is "Have I ever conceived a Hollowborn child?"

Ermmm... Hello?? Flames out of head??

Has anyone else noticed "disconnects" between "world knowledge" and what gets presented in game through conversations?

• Like 1

Mostly I love the dialogue in PoE but once in a while there is that "WTF" moment.  I am currently playing a moon godlike.  Moon Godlike are not as extreme as the other godlike but they  do have a large  crescent moon on their forehead which gives off light.  Mine has a peak of some kind coming out the top of his head and I understand that sometimes the limbs glow.  Not exactly your common mortal.  I could only laugh when asked that question and wish to have the option to answer "No, stupid, that should be obvious."  Or something even nastier.  I almost chose the Death Godlike which should have had the magistrate either attacking or running.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I think that love, family theme was poorly explored for Godlike. In a manner of speaking people of Dyrwood experienced how it is to 'be' like Godlike because of Hollowborn crisis (they can conceive child, but it is like they never can). Pallegina's theme tries to do something with this, but main Godlike character lacks in deeper reactivity. We can guess that godlike sterility is not known fact for ordinary people too, but it... is odd. Godlike are really rare creature and strongly differ from five races. If I met one, I would never imagine them making love (espiecially Death Godlike) or children, having such extreme appearance (we do not know if they are able to have sex or they only couldn't conceive child, even in Ondra's Gift brothel there is no Godlike prostitute, so I guess sexual contact with Godlike is perceived as devation in many cultures). Many people complain they are ugly and unpleasant (race in general).

It's a shame that the same attention wasn't paid here as in other places, all it really needed was check on race, and insert a "Well I can see you wouldn't be able to conceive", or have a godlike specific dialog option...

Oh well, maybe a content update in a patch will fix it...

I realize that the magistrate is just doing the job his lord assigned him but I really want to tell him off.  If not at the beginning somewhere along the line.  He has a memorized list he goes through and may not even actually look at the person he is addressing.

nakia_banner.jpg

It's a shame that the same attention wasn't paid here as in other places, all it really needed was check on race, and insert a "Well I can see you wouldn't be able to conceive", or have a godlike specific dialog option...

Oh well, maybe a content update in a patch will fix it...

Actually.. well.. depending on what you play, the reactivity is pretty bad across the board. For a golden example, play a Priest(ess) of Eothas and groan as neither Edér or Durance comments on it, nor can you comment on their stories relating to it. It's.. yeah..

Godlikes just stand out as a bit of a sore thumb, too, because they should illicit responses based on how you look, but doesn't. But they've been given about the same attention as others.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

So, how moddable is POE? Personally I think it's in desperate need of a "roleplay and reactivity" dialogue mod, even if the result of the dialogue still remains the same. Given the inconsistent voice acting even with voice acre character, it wouldn't really stand out either.

• Like 2

Yeah, they really had no time to put any effort in this. In my experience, the most grievous thing was my fire godlike being able to sleep with the prostitutes at the brothel. That was some hot loving, I bet.

With a face that looks like someone smeared burning tar on themselves a moment ago your character certainly would have to pay someone to cuddle with them I imagine.  

If you ask me, they really should not have bothered making Godlikes a player race at all. We can't wear hats, our face looks like someone threw us into a nightmarish glitter shop, and to top it off we are not even special (there are Godlikes basically everywhere in this game). 

Edited by Venatio

I love the godlike and enjoy playing them because they are different.  I just would like the NPCs they meet to recognize that they are different.

nakia_banner.jpg

I love the godlike and enjoy playing them because they are different.  I just would like the NPCs they meet to recognize that they are different.

I don't think that there is anything inherently wrong in godlikes as race, but currently their lore is inconsistent with them, meaning that their lore book, character creation description and how people react towards them is not consistent. And lack of dialog choices and how people not react towards them cause me to lose my suspension of disbelief. Overall these leave feeling rushed job which cause godlikes feel like they aren't really part of game world, if you don't take account Pallegina who feels like she is really part of the world.

Looking at the mix of Companions, there is one godlike ... BUT .... Pallegina looks a lot less like a godlike and a fair bit more normal human than the 4 playable godlikes.  Even in her personal quest, IIRC, Pallegina makes no comments about the difficulties of being a godlike.  In one way, I suppose that it's nice to have a Companion who wasn't miserable about something.  And yet OTOH, it seems like having a godlike from one of the 4 playable GL's who was having to deal with the difficulties of being a GL was a missed opportunity.

Yeah, they really had no time to put any effort in this. In my experience, the most grievous thing was my fire godlike being able to sleep with the prostitutes at the brothel. That was some hot loving, I bet.

What? The fire isn't actually fire. It doesn't burn anything or cause any harm at all. The metal-looking flesh, too--it's just flesh. The godlike variability are just appearances, it doesn't actually alter what they are.

What? The fire isn't actually fire. It doesn't burn anything or cause any harm at all. The metal-looking flesh, too--it's just flesh. The godlike variability are just appearances, it doesn't actually alter what they are.

Mmm, have you actually played this race? In the very first dungeon, you can set pillars ablaze with the flames on your head. In one of the later interactions, you try to wear a mask on your head and you set it ablaze. Not to mention that you're so hot you can do damage to the people who strike you.

Mmm, have you actually played this race? In the very first dungeon, you can set pillars ablaze with the flames on your head. In one of the later interactions, you try to wear a mask on your head and you set it ablaze. Not to mention that you're so hot you can do damage to the people who strike you.

Maybe it is special fire, which makes no harm and produces pleasant warm. If Fire Godlike wants it to be harmful it can be. From the other hand collector's book says that all elemental characteristics of Godlike are not truly fire, water, etc. They only simulate elements. I agree Godlike have a lot of errors with practical lore in this game.

Edited by White Phoenix