Question

3 answers to this question

I figured out what causes the bug.

Steps to reproduce:

• access the Enchant screen for any two-handed weapon
  • close that screen
  • access the food/potions/scrolls crafting screen
  • notice how the amount of necessary ingredients is doubled

One way to revert the changes is to access the Enchant screen for any one-handed weapon before crafting potions/scrolls.

Another potential problem is that two-handed weapons require twice as many ingredients for enchantments compared to one-handed weapons. Is this intended?

Another potential problem is that two-handed weapons require twice as many ingredients for enchantments compared to one-handed weapons. Is this intended?

I believe this is intended, but the effects on crafting potions and scrolls are a bug resulting from it.

Hopefully a dev will chime in to confirm or deny.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Two-handed weapons are intended to cost twice the amount of ingredients to enchant, but very nice job discovering that the x2 ingredient requirement does not properly get reset when viewing the crafting menu. This issue has been reported to the team. Keep up the great work!

• Like 2