In progress patch notes for 1.0.5- big buff for Wizards and buff for Ciphers (lol...), a lot of strange nerfs to everything else, couple of fixes.

Under New features: 

• There's a new option to reset newly recruited companions to level 1 (without losing the experience). This will allow you to level up companions to your liking.

Oh my gods, thank you :)

Yeah, but how does that work?

I'm on the beta and haven't found the option. I would especially like to redo GM, since her faculties really aren't up to scratch.

Took me a while to find as well. It's not in an intuitive menu.

OPTIONS -> DIFFICULTY -> Uncheckmark the "Auto Level Companions" box

Yeah, I found it, since another user pointed me to the menu, where I really didn't expect to find it. He got the category wrong, but once pointed in the right general direction, it was only a question of time to figure it out.

Thanks anyway. It certainly will be usefull for other to know where to find it. Make sure that you uncheck the autolevel option as soon as you start a new game though. Otherwise you're collecting the same old autolevelled folks.

Is this only for when you pick them up, or can it be done retroactively?  I'm on level 5 and have found all the companions.

Is this only for when you pick them up, or can it be done retroactively?  I'm on level 5 and have found all the companions.

As far as I understand and observe it ingame, it's only when you pick them up. You uncheck the autlovel option under difficulty and you get level 1 companions ready to catch up to your level. There seems to be no option to reset them later on. That's why I said to start out with the option unchecked.

It seems like this patch is going to be pretty punitive on solo PotD players early game - Fan of Flames damage has been nerfed meaning a much harder time getting through the bears and phantoms/shadows at Caed Nua and the Temple of Eothas. This in turn really railroads attempts to get to level 4 (the bench mark where things usually get better due to access to Vulnerable Attack and the fine enchantment) - as you'll likely need to wait until a higher level to do some of these encounters, which means that reaching that higher level is all the more difficult because of not being able to do these experience heavy encounters. Obviously the Second Wind activating even if you're the only party member is a boon to solo play, but unless you kill Eder early solo players aren't going to have access to anything like that.

I guess solo play is supposed to be difficult, but hopefully this is the kind of difficult that doesn't make certain solo builds more or less impossible as you can't progress past Caed Nua to the experience cash cow that is Defiance Bay. I suppose maybe they haven't messed with act I experience too much, which would render this point mostly moot.

Apart from that, the balances seem pretty solid - especially the Cipher focus pool nerf and the retaliate damage nerf. The only thing that does seem off to me is the passive mechanics thing; detecting at 4 levels lower is too low for this to be useful - meaning that people are still going to be stealthing everywhere (no one is going to have mechanics 4 levels higher than necessary just to move a bit more freely, especially as you may as well level up other skills that could have gone into mechanics). Detecting at 2 levels lower - I could see that working (especially as you could buff your mechanics with scrolls if you were that desperate to run around) - but 4 levels lower seems completely useless for what they're aiming for (i.e. not constantly stealthing).

Edited by Jojobobo

I posted this before, but it's becoming a really annoying problem. Since 1.05 there seems to be a problem with laying traps. I like to use them at choke points to lure the enemies to them. First, most of the times absolutely nothing happens, although the enemy stands right on it. Some times it says triggered, but again, nothing seems to happen. The red dot just stays where it is and there's absolutely no effect observable.

But the third problem is really going on my nerves. In the midst of battle, when the enemies are clustered at that choke point, I order attacks and the sword  or spell symbols show up all right. But what my character does instead is making a beeline for that trap I layed out and disarm it, just because it's underneath the point where I wanted the attack to happen. So instead of an AOE I wanted to happen, I have a squishy character jogging right into harms way to get squashed.

This only started to happen since I'm on 1.05.