Aloth doing massive damage with Fireball, bug?

prototype00

Question

Hi all,

I've put Aloth back in my party and he is doing insane damage (100+ per target hit, which is a lot more than the spell description.) with the humble lvl 3 fireball (I am currently lvl 10 and have access to 5th level spells).

Anyone else encounter this?

prototype00

8 answers to this question

I second that. My main char is also wizard, so just now they both flung some fireballs onto one target and Aloth f.e. GRAZES it for 61 hp damage, while my main char HITS for 26.

Steam version, 1.04 beta patch, but the same was on 1.03. The stats are not bugged, Aloth has LESS might than my main char.

Do you guys have spirit of flame on them? If so, then I think this might be the same cause as what's causing people to get all sorts of extra spells.

(I think if you dismiss a party member and re-recruit them at the stronghold (maybe some saving/loading is involved, and maybe you have to be in brighthollow), the game permanently re-applies all effects. I thought it was just limited to spells.)

Edited by thelee

Do you guys have spirit of flame on them? If so, then I think this might be the same cause as what's causing people to get all sorts of extra spells.

Of course we have - the 1st level fire AoE spell is to yummy to not to have. :)

It's pretty obvious that these things are connected somehow, but until today I haven't heard about extra-spell-bug and believed, that core mechanic with fire-recruit-save routine was properly fixed.

Do  you by any chance have the link to the detailed extra-spell-bug description?