One could reasonably conclude, upon reading the forums lately,

that a concerted, organized and self-aggrandizing effort at forum trolling could be underway.  I find it sadly troubling, yet oddly entertaining.  I'm just glad I'm not a reasonably conclusive person.  Or so I'm told.

...recently meaning what? A bunch of people (myself included) ended up here after the game dropped, it would be very surprising to me if it didn't shift the tone and focus of the forum a lot.

Recent days, I haven't really seen anything particularly aggravating or stupid, except for the situation surrounding The Limerick etc.

• Like 1

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -Marcus Aurelius

...recently meaning what? A bunch of people (myself included) ended up here after the game dropped, it would be very surprising to me if it didn't shift the tone and focus of the forum a lot.

Recent days, I haven't really seen anything particularly aggravating or stupid, except for the situation surrounding The Limerick etc.

Exactly, i also started only posting when i got the game, or shortly before, if you think this forum is horrible. go check out Biowares (as an example), it brakes my heart to this day. You will always have a high on " i hate this and that" when your game launches, that goes down and what stays is a good community, WHEN you don´t cater to a broad audience, which of course these games never do. Good for us i would say ;)

• Like 1

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Not just trolls! Like... I'm slightly ashamed to admit this but I would definitely not have been here if it hadn't been for that thing. But I am genuinely enjoying talking about the rest of the game as well, and would prefer if we just never talked about it again, so.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -Marcus Aurelius

Not just trolls! Like... I'm slightly ashamed to admit this but I would definitely not have been here if it hadn't been for that thing. But I am genuinely enjoying talking about the rest of the game as well, and would prefer if we just never talked about it again, so.

Nice, just proves that there's no such thing as bad publicity. 

• Like 1

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. 

that a concerted, organized and self-aggrandizing effort at forum trolling could be underway.  I find it sadly troubling, yet oddly entertaining.  I'm just glad I'm not a reasonably conclusive person.  Or so I'm told.

If you have something to say, spit it out.

It JUST MEANS THE GAME IS SUCESSFULL!!   More people in the community.  Many of the comments also show a new generation of players has come along since the BG series launched.     

Edited by Malk

"that a concerted, organized and self-aggrandizing effort at forum trolling could be underway.  I find it sadly troubling, yet oddly entertaining.  I'm just glad I'm not a reasonably conclusive person.  Or so I'm told."

No.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.