Hi, I am new here.

My stronhold security is currently 23, but Nyrid, my prisoner, still managed to break free from the prison.

What's considered to be reasonable stronghold security for that purpose?

• 1 month later...

This whole security system really seems quite odd... when I started building up my stronghold, my first thought was: prestige? Screw that, I need some BIG walls!!! So I just built every single building which brings security first (till about 35 security or so...), and just later the prestige stuff. Nonetheless, in late game, my stronghold got attacked by raider groups or something twice, and those jerks destroyed quite a lot of my buildings although my security was, so to speek, max Oo ?!?!

The Security and Prestige levels of the stronghold affect the possible ending your PC can get at the end.  It can range from Caed Nua being seen as a dump to it being seen as a beacon of hope in the Dyrwood (that may be laying on a little thick).

So does this mean there is no use for prisoners once you have the prison cells ... no matter the security level?

Apparently every once in a while a slaver or animancer will come through and offer to buy up prisoners from you for a bit of copper. It doesn't appear to happen very often, though, so it's anyone's guess whether you'll even get a chance before your prisoner escapes.

So does this mean there is no use for prisoners once you have the prison cells ... no matter the security level?

Apparently every once in a while a slaver or animancer will come through and offer to buy up prisoners from you for a bit of copper. It doesn't appear to happen very often, though, so it's anyone's guess whether you'll even get a chance before your prisoner escapes.

Hmm I do not like that. Hopefully OE will make some changes to that in the near future?

I had "family of the prisoner" pay like 700 copper for one.  

Security only really seems to help against bandits eating your taxes.   It does not seem to help when your keep is attacked -- I have had structures destroyed with over 30, so it does not help there, and as noted here it does not help prisoners either.

The dungeons are not worth it.   Over the entire game you will be lucky to break even in the cost of building it by a few ransoms.  

I had "family of the prisoner" pay like 700 copper for one.  

Security only really seems to help against bandits eating your taxes.   It does not seem to help when your keep is attacked -- I have had structures destroyed with over 30, so it does not help there, and as noted here it does not help prisoners either.

The dungeons are not worth it.   Over the entire game you will be lucky to break even in the cost of building it by a few ransoms.  

When they attacked your keep did you use auto solve or did you fight the bandits yourself? ( With you companions or Solo. ) I can not remember which thread but I seem to remember that some one mentioned that using the auto solve function instead of manually dealing with the attacks ... will quit often go bad for you? Ending in having to spend lots of money again to repair your keep.

I tried auto resolve, and learned my lesson lol.    I expected to lose some npc hirelings or something but not two entire structures.   I had been fighting them but this was like the third one in a row and I was wearing a rut in the roads going back and forth so I thought I would skip the fight for once.