How is accuracy calculated?

I have Eder as a fighter who barehanded has 72 accuracy at level 5.

My main character, a paladin, has a barehanded accuracy of 43 at level 5.

Why is there this difference? I cannot find anywhere that states how accuracy is calculated. This is as far as I can see without any specific buffs or anything. They do not have talents in barehanded fighting.

Why is there this huge difference?

Your Eder is most likely bugged. This happens whenever you save and reload in the Area where you recruited said companion. (For Eder it's Gilded Vale)

My Eder for instance has only 44 accuracy at lvl 7 bare handed. The correct amount he should have

Accuracy btw is calculated through talents and buffs mainly.

You may want to wait till a patch that fixes this before continuing to play that save. Just remember to never save and reload in a location you recruit a companion.

Edited by Nokturnal Lex
  • Like 1

How is accuracy calculated?

I have Eder as a fighter who barehanded has 72 accuracy at level 5.

My main character, a paladin, has a barehanded accuracy of 43 at level 5.

Why is there this difference? I cannot find anywhere that states how accuracy is calculated. This is as far as I can see without any specific buffs or anything. They do not have talents in barehanded fighting.

Why is there this huge difference?

Maybe your Eder was hit with the 'stacking' bug? If you save and reload in the area where you recruit an NPC, any buffs or enhancements to abilities/defenses are stacked as a permanent buff. This can happen multiple times so that eventually the NPCs stats are way overpowered.

Ahhh, thanks a lot. I was wondering if I was going mad with bad math skills :-) I was wondering why he was so overpowered compared to my main char.

So basically accuracy should be the same for all characters at the same level without buffs and talents? Makes more sense.

Thanks!

In the manual appendix Table 1, column "Dexterity Accuracy Bonus", what does that mean?

:shrugz:

During combat no such bonus is shown in the details.

No correction in the errata: http://eternity.obsidian.net/manual/errata

The Wiki http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Attack_Resolution says:

On top of all this, both Accuracy and defenses can be boosted with Attributes, Abilities, Talents, spells and items.

Clicking on the Attributes link, the page does not mention the word "accuracy" anywhere.

Your Eder is most likely bugged. This happens whenever you save and reload in the Area where you recruited said companion. (For Eder it's Gilded Vale)

My Eder for instance has only 44 accuracy at lvl 7 bare handed. The correct amount he should have

Accuracy btw is calculated through talents and buffs mainly.

You may want to wait till a patch that fixes this before continuing to play that save. Just remember to never save and reload in a location you recruit a companion.

So .. could you save inside the Inn, or Blacksmith shop, for example, (since they are separate maps) .. and not trigger this bug?

the reason I ask is because I treat Gilded Vale as a home base, returning to it before save\exit ... and, naturally I got Aloth and Eder in GV

it's not like I haven't already restarted 4 times :yes: