Amulet of Health permanently raising Endurance

warpmoon

Question

Upon loading a game where you have equipped the "Amulet of Health" your character's maximum Endurance will go up by 15. 

Steps to reproduce are simple:

1. Equip the Amulet of Health on a character, in my example on Aloth. Make a note of his modified Endurance stat.

2. Save the game.

3. Leave the game by going to the main menu

4. Load the game anew and observe that the Endurance stat is now 15 points higher than it was when you saved it.

Over the course of several play sessions, Aloth now has an Endurance value of 140 with the Amulet equipped and 125 without (to be compared to a Health value of 150).

Unequipping the amulet does not reset Endurance to it's original value, it merely lowers it by 15 points.

I just noticed that the same issue applies to the Minor Cloak of Protection. +5 bonuses to Fortitude, Reflex and Will are stacking up permanently. Level 3 Edér now has a base Will defense of 66 with a Resolve of 12 and no modifiers from any abilities, talents or items.

Is there a way to salvage this playthrough and restore the proper stats or is it a lost cause?

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

All traces back to this bug, which also causes modal abilities to stack and become permanent:

ziYLele.jpg

See also here, here, and here.

It would be cool to have some sort of official acknowledgement that it's being looked at, because it shows a massive problem with the save/load system.

Edited by Bubbles
  • Like 3

I just noticed that the same issue applies to the Minor Cloak of Protection. +5 bonuses to Fortitude, Reflex and Will are stacking up permanently. Level 3 Edér now has a base Will defense of 66 with a Resolve of 12 and no modifiers from any abilities, talents or items.

I just tested the Minor Cloak of Protection on all of my characters, and I can't seem to reproduce the problem (save & load from the game; save & load from the main menu; save and load after starting the game again). I think that all of these problems stem from the double-clicking bug.

I just tried to reproduce this effect and could not. I had the amulet on Kana and saved it, left to menu and returned and he had the same endurance. (i also made a save where he wasnt wearing it when I logged out to be safe)

Edited by Hatred

I just tried to reproduce this effect and could not. I had the amulet on Kana and saved it, left to menu and returned and he had the same endurance. (i also made a save where he wasnt wearing it when I logged out to be safe)

As far as I know it didn't start happening for me until I was about twenty or so hours in. If you want to load up my save game (it's linked in my report) you'd probably be able to reproduce it. It doesn't seem to happen consistently either: I have other stat boosting items equipped that aren't bugged in this way.

it's not only amulet, it's all items that give stat bonuses.  

I noticed, that this bug reproduces on companions in locations, where you have met them.
just put any item with stat bonus on your companion , save -> load (in specific location: for Aloth, Eder - Gilded Vale; Durance - Margan's Fork), you will get bonus permanent (
  • Like 1

I noticed, that this bug reproduces on companions in locations, where you have met them.
just put any item with stat bonus on your companion , save -> load (in specific location: for Aloth, Eder - Gilded Vale; Durance - Margan's Fork), you will get bonus permanent (

You're right. I managed to reproduce this bug with Aloth + Cloak of Minor Protection in Gilded Vale. I heard the same thing happens with modal abilities that buff certain stats.

Damn, gonna have to put PoE on ice for the time being.  ;(

That's really sneaky and fits with my findings. I was standing outside the Black Hound inn when I ran my tests.

Nice catch!

Edited by warpmoon

That's really sneaky and fits with my findings. I was standing outside the Black Hound inn when I ran my tests.

Nice catch!

Sadly I don't think that's it: I got the bug with Durance in one of the Defiance Bay maps.