How do you kill OP shadows in the Lighthouse?

I have finally killed the first floor of the lighthouse.

That bottleneck strategy an earlier poster had was the lifesaver.

Also, I think I learned what other people were telling me in another thread when they said enemies target the lowest DR. They kept going after my Durance, which was ****ing me over, but then I equipped him with better armor/hatchet/shield. And then they stopped. Went after Sagani, which was much easier to deal with

Phew. Now to pray to God the rest of the Lighthouse is easier

That bottleneck strategy an earlier poster had was the lifesaver.

The bottleneck strategy is always the best tactic. I actually stacked on the east side of the tower where there's an open room and aggroed the spirits with Sagani's pet. After they were neatly packed and away from my squishies, nuking them into oblivion was easy.

Yeah, this one was a fun fight.

Especially since I was unfortunate enough to have pressed the quicksave key just after triggering the condition for them to appear, but before combat actually started. So my party was kinda spread out, and I couldn't reload to reposition them... ;)

Anyway, I had Aloth cast some self-buff and let my cipher cast Pain Block on him on top of that, which kept him alive even though he got surrounded by Shadows, so he could go wild with Fan of Flames etc.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Yeah, this one was a fun fight.

Especially since I was unfortunate enough to have pressed the quicksave key just after triggering the condition for them to appear, but before combat actually started. So my party was kinda spread out, and I couldn't reload to reposition them... ;)

Anyway, I had Aloth cast some self-buff and let my cipher cast Pain Block on him on top of that, which kept him alive even though he got surrounded by Shadows, so he could go wild with Fan of Flames etc.

Oh man. That has literally been my number 1 fear when playing any sort of game like this. Everytime I move to a new place and want to do a quicksave, I always get paranoid and stop moving for like 3-5 seconds just to make sure I dont quicksave into a ****ty situation.

Its literally a nightmare scenario for me

I had problems with spirits early on then suddenly at lvl 7 ish (which is the lvl I was at doing that quest) they suddenly just sort of die to me no idea why, later I enchanted some of my gear with spirit slaying and that made them even easier

I've been rerolling different chars / party combos and trying things in different ways to see if there are any different outcomes to the story / quests and Im finding there are simply certain levels at which you can and cannot do stuff.

Raedrics before lev 4 is impossible for me

That quest for the Valians at the bridge, this is usually just something I do while running around in DB. I  mop the floor with these guys (at lev 7), tried them at lev 5 and they ripped me a new one, even though I had better gear and better understanding of how to engage them.

If you have a ranger the best thing to do is send the pet to the door, this activates the spawn while keeping your group nice and tight at the entrance.

Then I usually slicken then fireball, the end

Edited by Exyll

Just be glad you can't quicksave during combat. I can't tell you how many times I've screwed myself over by quicksaving/loading at the wrong time in games where you can do so.

Funny you say that. I remember awhile ago I wished I could quicksave during combat. Since sometimes I would kill a particular enemy really quickly and would therefore be in good shape to save there and continue.

But that was until I realized that if I was ever in a combat that I couldnt win, and accidentally quicksaved, I would have literally erased tons and tons of hours of my gametime, because I pretty much never manually save, just 90% quicksave. So I would have royally ****ed myself over.

Then I was eternally grateful for the feature

With Durance use Prayer with the damage perk ability, if your a priest as well it does nearlly 90% damage, its pretty nuts.

I always found shadows ALWAYS go for your magic user so just buff him up. Never fight with a maimed character also because they always teleport to that one as well.