[BUG] Party member's inventory gone after switching them

Stahlbart

Question

Hey folks,

yesterday, after getting my 6th party member I was struggling with choosing which one to dismiss. So I switched around a bit and noticed, that every time I get a character back into the party, their inventory would vanish completely. 

Checked the stash: nope.

Checked the chests in the bedrooms in the stronghold: nope.

So I googled, found nothing, asked at Steam and went to bed.

As I got up, no answer. I started the game, tested it again and the inventory was still there.

Luckily I had a save before switching around, but Durance's inventory seems to be gone for good....

TL;DR: 

Inventory vanished after switching out party members. Next day, bug was gone, but Durance's inventory is lost.

Had the same thing happen to Kana, here. Think I put him out of the party last night, pre-patch, and now everything has vanished post-patch. That's a lot of interesting/unique items to disappear thanks to a bug.

Confirmed this bug is still happening to me.  I checked the main screen and it says I have 1.0.3.0526 -steam.  Remove a character from the party, Accept, go back to party selection, add character back to party, Accept, found everything in quickslots gone (didn't have anything in inventory but assume that would be gone too).

Generally, all I have lost is some consumables (scrolls and potions), but the wizard has lost 2 grimoires :(

I definitively can confirm this!

I lost up to 2-3 hours of gameprogress because I had to reload an old save!

I nearly stopped playing the game.

In addition:

While all inventories where empty, the numbers you get schown when you loot enemies still small like your inventory should already be nearly full.

Happened while playing around with party members at caed nua (dismissing and getting them back into the party).

Can confirm this bug is real. I've lost items from my quick slots and items from my inventory when I switch companions. I've already lost the unique pistol Forgiveness and Iridescent Scarab Figurine, was bummed about that. There is no way to get them back without using the cheats, and I don't want to lose achievements by using cheats to bring back items. 

Does anyone know if removing all items from a companion before removing them from the party will prevent this issue?

• Like 1

So this bug is present since release and it seems that almost nobody addresses it. It can be game breaking IMHO.

Nice to know that quick slot items disappear too.

@Deckma: afaik yes. But that means emptying the companions inventory and quick slot items every time you change them. Maybe even unequipping items? To be sure?

It's a shame...

Of all this issues this one is the most bothersome. I've stopped playing until this issue is resolved. I've already lost 3 hours of progression to this issue, I don't want to waste more on accident. It sucks, I'm really getting into the story and lore.

Just to confirm, after the 1.04 patch swapping companions out and into the party will:

- Reset their character statistics (time traveled, strongest creature killed, etc.).

- Delete their quickslot and inventory items (only equipped items remain).

I believe this is not limited to character swaps made on Caed Nua - I have observed it on many locations (inns and others) that allow party management.

This is the biggest outstanding issue after the latest patch, from my perspective.

• Like 1