Digital Fun Pack -> Champions Edition? WTF

Hi,

first: sorry if my english sounds weird. I got the flu and thinking/writing in my own language is atm difficult enough (thanks to headaches). ;)

Ok, 

when I had the chance back in the days, I backed for the "Digital Fun Pack", which includes stuff like 

• Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
  • Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.
  • Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Backer Forum Badge.
  • Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.
  • Digital download of the making of Pillars of Eternity Documentary.
  • Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.
  • Digital Collector's Book.
  • Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
  • Digital Campaign Almanac.
  • Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.
  • Digital High-Res Game Map.
  • Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
  • Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
  • Ringtones.

"Yeah", I thought recently, "I will get the  ROYAL EDITION on Steam", because, well... the content of the Digital Fun Pack and the Royal Edition are the same. 

But when I redeemed the key for Steam and I "just" got the Kickstarter Champion Edition.

I know, what a lot of you will now tell me: "But you will be able to download the missing stuff from the Obisidan/Pillars of Eternity-website!!!!!!!111eleven. At least we hope that!".

Well, that's the thing... I wanted all on Steam ;( 

And to be honest... I still have no clue about the difference between "Champion Edition" and "Kickstarter Champion Edition" oO

So... why did we (the Digital Fun Pack owners) get the Champion Edition and not the Royal Edition on Steam?

Hi,

first: sorry if my english sounds weird. I got the flu and thinking/writing in my own language is atm difficult enough (thanks to headaches). ;)

Ok, 

when I had the chance back in the days, I backed for the "Digital Fun Pack", which includes stuff like 

• Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
  • Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.
  • Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Backer Forum Badge.
  • Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.
  • Digital download of the making of Pillars of Eternity Documentary.
  • Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.
  • Digital Collector's Book.
  • Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
  • Digital Campaign Almanac.
  • Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.
  • Digital High-Res Game Map.
  • Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
  • Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
  • Ringtones.

"Yeah", I thought recently, "I will get the  ROYAL EDITION on Steam", because, well... the content of the Digital Fun Pack and the Royal Edition are the same. 

But when I redeemed the key for Steam and I "just" got the Kickstarter Champion Edition.

I know, what a lot of you will now tell me: "But you will be able to download the missing stuff from the Obisidan/Pillars of Eternity-website!!!!!!!111eleven. At least we hope that!".

Well, that's the thing... I wanted all on Steam ;(

And to be honest... I still have no clue about the difference between "Champion Edition" and "Kickstarter Champion Edition" oO

So... why did we (the Digital Fun Pack owners) get the Champion Edition and not the Royal Edition on Steam?

Cause (same as with the 100 other posts) there is an item in the royal that your fun pack does not get. You do get all the rewards from your fun pack from the backer portal.

Because the strategy guide is in the Royal edition but not the Digital Fun Pack.  And there's no "we hope" about it; you'll be able to get your stuff through the backer portal.  If you really want the Royal edition on Steam anyway, you can always upgrade.

The Kickstarter edition includes additional promised rewards for Kickstarter backers as well.

Cause (same as with the 100 other posts) there is an item in the royal that your fun pack does not get. You do get all the rewards from your fun pack from the backer portal.

Ah.. the Digital Strategy Guide is missing in the Digital Fun Pack... I see. I bought that as an addon... so... yeah... ****.

Ah.. the Digital Strategy Guide is missing in the Digital Fun Pack... I see. I bought that as an addon... so... yeah... ****.

In that case, you could maybe contact support and have them upgrade it for you.

Isn't the Digital Fun Pack just some simple digital tidbits, like a dorky Tetris and a weird calculator and stuff? I never thought it meant those guides and almanacs bunched up.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Isn't the Digital Fun Pack just some simple digital tidbits, like a dorky Tetris and a weird calculator and stuff? I never thought it meant those guides and almanacs bunched up.

The Digital Fun Pack was 50$ and includes everything the Royal Edition has - except the Strategy Guide

In that case, you could maybe contact support and have them upgrade it for you.

Well, the steam key is generated and redeemed... ;(

Edited by uk_uk

During the KS, at the $50 tier and above, a Digital Fun Pack was part and parcel of most deals- and it didn't include either alamanac or strategy guide (nor the digital collector's book):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/description

IIRC, it was never clarified what it contained in detail. Pictures of it shows digital world map, soundtracks, some app, wallpapers, and stuff.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

What do you mean it was was never clarified? It says in the order it includes all of the above, so that's what I expect to get. Now the Steam Champion Edition is missing a significant amount of those items.

I really hope I will get them as "promised".

e: I also just saw that it will be added after the initial release, so no "angry shouting" from me yet ;)

Edited by kurter

I get purely wondering why you didn't get a consolidated Steam key with all the goodies downloadable via Steam, but why the outrage (this isn't the first thread I've seen about this) regarding having to simply open up a different website (that you've already got an account with or you wouldn't have been able to confirm your pledge in the first place), log into it, then download your goodies from there?

Why does it matter if a digital guide comes from Steam or the Backer Portal? Once it's downloaded, you've got the same pdf file, either way. It's not like it's a game, so Steam doesn't track anything or help you organize anything. It's just some extras. *shrug*

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

During the KS, at the $50 tier and above, a Digital Fun Pack was part and parcel of most deals- and it didn't include either alamanac or strategy guide (nor the digital collector's book):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/description

IIRC, it was never clarified what it contained in detail. Pictures of it shows digital world map, soundtracks, some app, wallpapers, and stuff.

Huh? It's written very clearly what the Digital Fun Pack includes. Everything in the descriptions + all from lower tiers. That means both the almanac and the collector's book - just not the strategy guide. If anyone has doubts, all included products and their download links can be found in the Backer Portal.

It sounds like everything you bought, you have in your backer portal, but you just wanted some of it on steam? 

Email support and see if they can help you. Although I wonder if it's worth the bother for you, since it'd be faster to just download your goodies.