[435] Freeze on interaction with Character Creator

Supreme

Question

Most things are fine, but I did not expect to have to wait >1.5 minute for the game to load up the character creator when pressing "New Game". I Thought that the game had crashed completely. I had a timer on hand and pressed "New Game" a second time, and this time it took 40 seconds to load and it was without a doubt much faster than the first time I had pressed it.

• Game lags up for 15-20 seconds whenever I click on the character portrait buttons, moving back to a previous picture that I had viewed/loaded doesn't make it load up faster as one would have or might expect; game still freezes.

• Aren't the voice options supposed to play a sample when you select it? because if not then I hope you have the option to retroactively change it since it is silent as a cricket.

[While in-game] (Race I think shouldn't matter, but I tested this on a Godlike Male and a Human Female)

1. When I click on the Level-Up icon located on the character portrait, I have to wait 12-15 seconds for it to go into the level-up/creator screen. Pressing "Next Level" to continue with the level ups causes the same length of lag. Interacting with buttons are completely fine.

2. Going into the character/equipment causes up to 10 seconds of lag. When switching to other characters casually and in quick succession the game works completely fine. Switching back to my own character causes lag.

Otherwise, the rest of the game has made me just awestruck, I just can't express any feelings anymore; the game is everything I have waited and expected.

DxDiag.txt

5 answers to this question

Thank you very much for your opinions on the game as well as relating the issue. What version of the game are you running (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc), and what are the specs of your computer? We have been working on optimizations, so knowing what platforms and specs we can improve for will be a big help.

Hi, thanks for answering! 

I am running an i7-2600k with 8gb RAM on a Windows 7.

My Graphics Card is a MSI Geforce 590 GTX attached to a Maximus IV Extreme-Z motherboard.

My output log is bigger than 507kb so it won't let me upload it directly to the forums., and I don't think you would be too keen on a download link either.

Any help?